Software update issue

Hi guys,
    I have 2 Onix 10's and an Onix 8 on my boat. I have everything networked together and it seemed to work fine all last year. I just completed the software update on both Onix 10's and it seemed to go fine. My Onix 8 however took the upgrade to 3.0 fine and now that i am trying to upgrade to 3.03 when i go to install it just sits there. i can go back and go through the menus and options of the unit but am unable to now power it off without unplugging the power cord. I am using the same SD card and upgrade as the 10's. Is the upgrade different for the 8's? Am i doing something wrong or it is going to have to go to my warranty centre?
    Thanks

2. Member
    Are you using the same download with both units? I've got 2 units that use the same version of software but I had to download the software update listed by the unit in My Humminbird for the update to work.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryg View Post
    Are you using the same download with both units? I've got 2 units that use the same version of software but I had to download the software update listed by the unit in My Humminbird for the update to work.
    I also did the same as Terryg... downloaded the update for each individual unit.

4. Member
    Yes, I was using the same download. It worked for both Onix 10's. I will try to redownload for the Onix 8.

Quote Originally Posted by goingtritonfishing View Post
    Yes, I was using the same download. It worked for both Onix 10's. I will try to redownload for the Onix 8.
    LOTS of problems being reported here on many different threads. Please share your results on the new download.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goingtritonfishing View Post
    What terryg said. I don't have Onix but I'm pretty this applies to all units, I know it does to #ed units and Helix. Just because it is listed as same version the update is unit specific, you will need to download version for each unit in My Humminbird/My Equipment to a clean SD card for each unit. I format the card not just delete just to be sure its clean.

Different versions within the ONIX family has not been true, at least prior to 3.030.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

I updated onix 8 and onix 10 with same download and had no issues. If you read the download description it says its for all onix and Ion.
    I Spend Most of my money on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, Very little is wasted......

Quote Originally Posted by Trytoofish View Post
    I updated onix 8 and onix 10 with same download and had no issues. If you read the download description it says its for all onix and Ion.
    Yep.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

10. Member
    I have spoken to my tech and hummingbird doesn't think its a software issue. I have sent it to warranty centre. They are thinking motherboard.

11. Member
    Hey guys I need some help. Have a Onix. I have the 3.0 software update already installed. Now there is a 3.03 update and this is my problem. I have the 3.03 unzipped and my SD card says the update is on the card. The card file is FAT32. When I put the card in the unit the unit says there is no software update on the card. I have talked to HB customer service twice today and we never got it to upload. I even tried a second SD card both 16 gb. I formatted each card. I tried both the upper slot and the lower slot and the unit acknowledges the card is in the unit. I have reset factory defaults but still no positive results. Anyone got any suggestions?

12. Member
    Try reinstalling the 3.0 software. IIRC, you shouldn't install the 3.03 until you're at 3.0, and if your unit is confused, maybe reinstalling will help.

Backing up software on the Onix doesn't work. It wont recognize anything but a newer update. Did you extract the files from 3.03 before putting them on your sd card
    I Spend Most of my money on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, Very little is wasted......

14. Member
    3.0 is installed on my Onix 10. Had no problems installing it.

15. Member
    Yes, extracted file before loading to the SD card.

16. Member
    Okay problem solved and upload of the 3.03 software completed. After I unzipped and extracted the 3.03 software file I opened it and there are several files in that update. Most of them I already had in my unit. I selected only the 3.03 software update and sent it to my SD card and then into my Onix and everything uploaded as it is supposed to.