Would love some engine history on 2006 XS

I have owned this (SN # IE001425) for approx. 2yrs and would like to have some knowledge of what I have and any history available. Thanks!

Eddie

2. Member
    I have had my 06 (1E001186) for 4 years now, not regrets. Knock on wood, no problems, great motor, plenty of power. I use "Don's cocktail + premium plus oil" since I've had it and no issues with fuel. I have started putting a 8-10 drops of oil in the compressor after most trips, just can't seem to do it after every trip. I don't believe there are any common problems associated with this particular year motor, but someone with a lot more knowledge of Mercury motors will probably be along shortly. I do try to maintain my motor properly, I.e, recommended maintenance, allowing the water temperature to rise before taking off, etc. I don't abuse the motor, but I don't baby it either, got to let her rip, after all, it is built by Mercury Racing. Hope this helps.
    2006 Z21 Ranger
    2006 Mercury Racing 250XS

3. Member
    Thanks Ronnie....not heard of the oil in the compressor.....do you have to take the cowling off to accomplish this?

eddie

4. Member
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by RonB59 View Post
    I have started putting a 8-10 drops of oil in the compressor after most trips, just can't seem to do it after every trip.
    Ron, Not to be argumentative but I believe the recommendation for this was a COUPLE of drops once in a while. I put 3-4 drops 3-4 times a year. The residual oil goes in to air rail. Too much could clog direct air injector.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    Ron, Not to be argumentative but I believe the recommendation for this was a COUPLE of drops once in a while. I put 3-4 drops 3-4 times a year. The residual oil goes in to air rail. Too much could clog direct air injector.
    No problem, I'll back of on frequency and amount.
    2006 Z21 Ranger
    2006 Mercury Racing 250XS

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Serial# 1E001425
    Model# 192847GFH
    HIGH PERFORMANCE 250 XS L (20") Gen-1 TM (1.75)
    DOB: 1/12/06

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Thank everybody.....I appreciate it!!!

eddie