Question 93SV data sharing... stop one from creating waypoints

Hi guys,

I supposed I can experiment, but just wondering if anyone knows if you can stop one of your data sharing 93SV units from sharing. Let me explain:

I have 1 93 at the TM and another at Console. Both are connected and both have data sharing enabled. If you create a waypoint on one or the other, it will automatically copy that waypoint to it's partner unit. What I would like to do is ensure that only waypoints from my console unit is shared/copied between the two, not waypoints created from the TM. So if I keep data sharing enabled on the console and disable on the TM, will that work or will the waypoints on the console unit no longer copy to the TM unit?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Member
    That will not work.
    you may want to try disconnecting the Blue wire (sending wire) on the bow unit and leave data sharing "on" on both of the units.

That may work as they are one way communication units.

Just remember if you re-connect the blue wire on the bow unit it will "repopulate" the console unit will all waypoints that are not common.
    Last edited by catmantwo; 04-25-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

Dan, what you are requesting is simply not possible with the method that wpts are shared among echoMAPs.
    Garmin Pro Team

OK thanks guys, I'll just manage it as is :)

Dan