Boneless chicken breasts

Tried something new last night and the family really liked it so I thought I'd pass it along here. I plan on doing some wings soon with this method

Note, the measurements are eyeballed, season to your taste
    Ingredients
    Tony Chacheres- injectible butter Creole
    Tony Chacheres spicy Cajun seasoning
    Cholula hot sauce or Franks, the wife does not like a lot of heat so I used cholula
    Citrus sauce - I used kikomans ponzu citrus seasoned marinade
    Garlic Powder
    Skinless chicken breasts- 4
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Make a inject able sauce- Mix below ingredients- Go to taste but these are approx measurements I used
    ¾ cup of the butter Creole
    1/8 cup of Cholula- to taste
    1 Tablespoon of citrus sauce
    2 teaspoons of garlic powder
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Trim fat and clean breasts.
    Inject with sauce in several areas. Use a foil pan or similar, it will drip out all over.
    Sprinkle moderately- not fully covered but decently covered in the Cajun seasoning
    Grill on medium 275-300 heat. Basting with the remaining sauce periodically after the outside gets dry.

Cook to 160-162 in thickest part of breast. Remove from the grill and place on a dish, cover with foil for 10 mins to bring to 165 internal temp.

Enjoy,
    Brett
    Attached Images Attached Images

2006 180VS Ranger Reata

2. Member
    looks good!!!

3. Banned
    Looks delicious!!!

My family won't let me change from the tried and true Italian vinegarette marinade. Cheap, easy, and is wonderful.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    looks good!!!
    I'll have to give that a try as well,do you inject it?

2006 180VS Ranger Reata

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BNC04 View Post
    I'll have to give that a try as well,do you inject it?
    No. All you need is a bottle of any kind of Italian dressing (Walmart house brand is good), and marinate the breasts for 30 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. I also baste with a little of the dressing for the first half of the cook. Juicy and great flavor.

Pork loins are great like this as well.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    No. All you need is a bottle of any kind of Italian dressing (Walmart house brand is good), and marinate the breasts for 30 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. I also baste with a little of the dressing for the first half of the cook. Juicy and great flavor.

Pork loins are great like this as well.
    Very true i even cook them on the stove in the Italian dressing wife and kids love it like that. quick and easy

7. Member
    That is how I do pork chops/loins as well. Never tried it with the fowl, Usually just bbq'd it. Injected the concoction I made into some wings with a bit heavier on the franks red hot and they turned out great as well. I do like abit more char on my wings though so I probably will do a bit more bbq sauce on the basting next time.
    Brett

2006 180VS Ranger Reata

8. Banned
    The recipe sounds great.

Our Kroger stores carry sauces and rubs from the great restaurants in Memphis. We can also buy Wickers' products out of Hornersville, Missouri. I will marinade my chicken in Wicker's marinade (water/vinegar based with spices), cook them with Rendezvous rub and finish them off with one of the really great barbeque sauces.

Really great sauces are available from all over the country. I always liked the Famous Daves' sauces. I often use Big Bob Gibson's sauce too.

9. Member
    We are lucky here and most stores carry a wide variety of spices , rubs and sauces. The main difference to the one I posted originally was injecting the sauce which I had not previously done. Coupled with tony's rub, it was good and juicy. Thanks for the replies. I love trying new stuff out.

2006 180VS Ranger Reata