Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lake Levels going down!!

Been at Panasoffkee and Weir Both are very low!! Also Griffin seems to be going down.

2. Member
    That happens when you haven't had any rain for months.

LOL, seriously though most of the Rivers and Lakes are way low now. A lot of the launches are getting almost to shallow to use.

3. Member
    Henderson and Duval are low most lake in central fl are way down right now.

4. Member
    That is all true. Lake Kissimmee is very low not due to lack of rain (though we have had none) but due to millions of gallons of water dumped south by the COE.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    That is all true. Lake Kissimmee is very low not due to lack of rain (though we have had none) but due to millions of gallons of water dumped south by the COE.
    Double whammy on KCOL ... no rain, open dam. Between the two, it's trolling motor time.
    If you are not very familiar with the KCOL, please do NOT run wide open - go very slowly.
    We don't want to be out there towing you into port OR calling FWC to report your injuries.

6. Member
    What about Toho? how low is it right now?

7. Member
    Low..... if you know the lake well, you shouldn't have any problems.

8. Member
    Thanks B-47, I know it ok, with the exception that I havent been there in almost 10 years. I was planning on fishing it this Saturday. I may be reconsidering.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DTS View Post
    What about Toho? how low is it right now?
    Just stay outside the grass lines and you should be fine. Avoid short cuts like cutting aross Lanier Point.
    Last edited by Whiteboat; 04-26-2017 at 08:53 PM.

10. Banned
    And the boat trail through Brown's Point. Toho is about 2 feet low.

11. Member
    Thanks for the heads up guys, I'll stay on the outside edges and keep the Merc high! Sounds like it's still worth the trip for a change in fishing habitat.

12. Banned
    Went to Pan today,had a hard time getting the boat back on the trailer,knoked the spare tire loose from its lock,it's some where between the lake and home.

Pan is very low. Weir is 6 feet low.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    Well I can tell you it's not making it to okeechobee, the river is blocked by a huge wall of sand right at highway 98.

15. Member
    Screw it, I hope the dam state goes into severe drought mode, these azzhats dumped billons of gallons of water out of the system in fear of not having an algae bloom again this summer on the coast. Now lets see who gives a dam about having some water. The water managers that have been in place for the past 25 years in this state should all be fired! hundreds of lakes and river systems all throughout the US can manage water levels and keep lakes at summer and winter pools yet the managers here cant figure out how to manage simple lake levels. Big O is at 11.6, going down to 9 by June. Hope your insurance is up to date gonna be a good time to be in the lower unit business. Good thing is the grass may get a reprieve this summer and some nice fresh vegetation will grow and re- establish some hard outside lines on KCOL and Big O.

This story was from April 4th, lake has now dropped a foot since then...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/pa...403-story.html
    Last edited by JayLaw; 05-08-2017 at 07:24 PM.

16. Member
    I'm almost able to fully inspect my dock piers ...
    Good thing that my KCOL property is on 'deep' water.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayLaw View Post
    Screw it, I hope the dam state goes into severe drought mode, these azzhats dumped billons of gallons of water out of the system in fear of not having an algae bloom again this summer on the coast. Now lets see who gives a dam about having some water. The water managers that have been in place for the past 25 years in this state should all be fired! hundreds of lakes and river systems all throughout the US can manage water levels and keep lakes at summer and winter pools yet the managers here cant figure out how to manage simple lake levels. Big O is at 11.6, going down to 9 by June. Hope your insurance is up to date gonna be a good time to be in the lower unit business. Good thing is the grass may get a reprieve this summer and some nice fresh vegetation will grow and re- establish some hard outside lines on KCOL and Big O.

This story was from April 4th, lake has now dropped a foot since then...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/pa...403-story.html

They are managing it....They know exactly what they are doing...If they have releases like they did last year it will be devastating to tourism and our economy!
    The mismanagement of the water flows and dragging there feet with the Dike caused them to manage in this new way
    We watched for years and years of nothing getting done on the Dike and now all of a sudden all kinds of shit is getting done! Imagine that!
    Jason

18. Member
    I really hope it goes to 9' and stays there a while. Great for the grass

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfect-storm View Post
    I really hope it goes to 9' and stays there a while. Great for the grass
    It doesn't matter as they will just spray it all.

20. Member
    Knowing that bunch down there they will set it ablaze and burn it all...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast