Striker 7sv Temps showing in the teens.

Hello. I have a striker 7sv mounted at the console and a 70dv on the bow. They are not connected in any way. Over the weekend I noticed at one point that the striker showed a water temp of 14.xx when it was showing a closer to realistic 60 ish on the 70dv unit.
    I checked the temp offset and it was still at 0. I played with it for quite a while and unplugged and no replugged in the sonar cables and power. Even waited until the following morning to check it all again but could not get it to stop reading 14.xx and 15.xx degrees or so. Eventually I even reset to factory defaults and after powering down and back up I still had the same issue.

The transducer is the stock one with the unit mounted on the transom and hasn't been in the water even and did dozen times yet. I know it was reading temps correctly the first few times though. Other than this sudden issue the unit is great!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Is it set for Celsius by any chance?
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

3. Member
    That was what I was wondering too but I distinctly saw a little f next to the numbers and also could not find where to check the setting for that either. But using a fahrenheit to Celsius calculator last night I saw that it would be a pretty close reading that way compared to the Temps I saw on the 70dv on my bow. Any chance you know how to access that setting so I can check it?
    Thanks

4. Member
    Looks like the temp circuit on the unit or the transducer is bad. I don't think that Striker 7sv's have an option to display Celsius. But you could possibly have a later version that might. From the Home Screen, SETTINGS->UNITS. Mine doesn't show choices for temperature. If you know anyone else with a compatible transducer you could try their transducer and see if it showed temp correctly. I think the xd on your 70dv is 8 pin so unless you have a 12 to 8 pin adapter you couldn't use it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    I checked and mine does have a setting for Celsius or Fahrenheit. But it was set to Fahrenheit. I won't be able to get back on the water for another week or so and I'll check it again when I am out there.
    Thanks for the replies so far. I'll post again after I get back on the water and see what happens.

6. Member
    Hi guys. Update:
    I've been out a couple times and confirmed some things. Yes the temp is set to F and I do have the option to change to C.
    The temps I am seeing are the C equivalent but if I change the settings to C then it shows the C temp of the original number it showed. For example, if the water is 86 degrees it shows the temp as 30F. If I change the settings to C then it shows -1.11C.

Is there anyone near sw chicagoland that is willing to plug in my unit to their transducer on the water to see what it shows (and possibly vice versa)?

7. Member
    Try unplugging the transducer then plug is back in again. Might just be a poor/loose connection.

Then try a factory reset.

If those dont work, then try a different transducer and/or call support. They might be able to suggest some other test or they may just send you a new transducer.

If you have a CV transducer now, you should get a GT transducer as a replacement, so not a bad thing at all if thats the problem.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

8. Member
    Thanks, Larry. I did do multiple "unplug and replug" and did a factory reset back in April. I'll do another factory reset as well. I've been out on the water several times in the past couple weeks and take the unit off the boat each time. I'll give garmin a call if I have to. Thanks for the reply!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjk1210 View Post
    Thanks, Larry. I did do multiple "unplug and replug" and did a factory reset back in April. I'll do another factory reset as well. I've been out on the water several times in the past couple weeks and take the unit off the boat each time. I'll give garmin a call if I have to. Thanks for the reply!
    I know this post is old but was wondering if you ever found a solution? I'm having the same problem.

And you dont have to be in the water to check the temp. Out it will show air temp.