Thread: Remote Box

Remote Box

Have a 200 pro xs # 2B090964 with a flush mount remote box. The assembly has some sloppiness where it mounts to the fiberglass. How do I remove the shift handle and the beauty ring to tighten the mounting hardware. I ran my finger around the shift handle and didn't feel a set screw or hole with a recessed set screw.

2. Member
    The center button to disengage the gearshift pops out. The handle bolt is under it.

Just squeeze inward to pop it out, or is there a trick to it?

4. Member
    there is a trick/you depress button and push handle forward into throttle only position use thin blade screwdriver to pop out button be very careful not to break stem on button the brass bolt is under button
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Able to get cap off, and see brass nut, but it only wants to slightly move in either direction. Is it standard thread or reverse thread?

6. Member
    standard right hand it has loc tit on it
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................