Livewell overflow

Need help with understanding how the livewell overflows . I stuck my head in and it looks like a gap between the top cap that lets water flow out to a hose in the bilge area then out the bottom of the transom . It seems I lose a lot of water when I run to another spot . Not sure if it is from my hole shot ( which is awesome )or maybe rough water . 2016 18 TRX .
    2B230671

2. Member
    Water is going out through the overflow port(s)......if you want to stop this from happening, then plug the port(s).

3. Banned
    I lose some water as well, maybe 1/3 at most. Not really enough to effect the fish. Just refill it at the next stop.

4. Member
    When I put my plugs in the livewell I don't believe I loose any. If you don't have any plugs you will need to get some.
    Rocket

5. Banned
    My question is this. Why would I want to plug the overflow holes? When I set my livewell to auto it's filling, not recirculating. At least that's how my boat works. If I plugged those holes it'd be overflowing out the lids as the timer kicked on and off. My recirc does not have a timer. If I turn that on it'll run recirc continuously.

6. Member
    Alot of people ice their livewell water, and use the recirculation mode, so they plug the livewell overflows.