Last week of march next year lake fork?

We are thinking of making the long trip from Ohio to lake fork next spring. We want to try last week of march. What would the fishing be like that time of year.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

2. Banned
    Hard to tell a year out, weather could suck etc.

3. Member
    Last week of March will be late in the spawn and you can expect the lake and the fish to be beat to hell. Late February and early March would be your best bet. Book a reputable guide as soon as you possibly can.

4. Member
    Weather is your biggest wild card. I've stayed for a week and only had one day where the fish were actually biting due to weather. Some days we could not even get out. This year we had 4 days out of 6 that were great.

O

Yes, weather would be the major factor. Could be 90 degrees...could be 40 (with corresponding 40 mph wind). It is a crap shoot for sure...
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. What week do you think I would be best to come to lake fork. It's a 17hr drive and I don't want to waste a week off of work.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

7. Banned
    If it were me I'd drive right past Fork and head to Falcon. Weather chances would be better other than the wind, not near as much pressure.

8. Member
    No matter when you are going, if at all possible get a reputable guide for at least the first day. Fork can be intimidating, even if you've fished it a bunch. The good news is that there are tons of other really good lakes within an hour or so of Fork. If you are there on a weekend I would highly suggest looking into one or more of the following lakes rather than Fork. Athens, Purtis Creek, Hollbrook, Quitman, Mill Creek, Palestine, Winnisboro, Tyler, and others. Fork in March on a weekend will be a zoo. Falcon would be a good choice but it would be another 8 hours of driving time both ways. Good luck!

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

9. Banned
    The last trip I made in March a few years ago, to be there for full moon. 5 days of rain and water temp dropped 10 degrees. Weather was nice the week before and the week after. You just take our chances.