Was Eufaula tough for everyone this weekend?

I fished for three days this weekend and could not remember having such a tough time. I am now the official master of 13.5 inch bass. I did find two keepers yesterday, one of which was still on the bed. I wasn't expecting that.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Member
    I did fairly decent last weekend around Old Creek Town. Couldn't run as much as I wanted because the weather man f'd the wind forecast. Probably had 15lbs just messing around. You did have to take a number to get in the coves/creeks though.

3. Member
    Olebiker, yes, absolutely miserable. It was my first time on Eufaula and I wasn't sure if we were just lost or if it was tough. Or both!!

I know a few that caught some goods ones, but they were few and far....

we could only find small ones. Missed a good one flipping some grass.
    Sportsman's Outfitters
    Dothan, AL 36301
    TOLL FREE: 866-331-3937

www.sportsmansoutfitters.com
    www.facebook.com/sportsmansoutfitters

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ranger View Post
    You did have to take a number to get in the coves/creeks though.
    There were a bunch of boats on the lake Saturday for sure.

We put in at Georgetown, GA. There were two clubs fishing a joint tournament out of that ramp. They got lined up in the prep lane and just stood around visiting for the longest time. It just never occurred to them that we wanted to put our boats in the water and they were blocking us. I bit my tongue and waited. Finally one of their club members who had already put in hollered at them to put their boats in the water.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    There were a bunch of boats on the lake Saturday for sure.

We put in at Georgetown, GA. There were two clubs fishing a joint tournament out of that ramp. They got lined up in the prep lane and just stood around visiting for the longest time. It just never occurred to them that we wanted to put our boats in the water and they were blocking us. I bit my tongue and waited. Finally one of their club members who had already put in hollered at them to put their boats in the water.
    Yeah, we've got jackasses too at Eufaula!
    You didn't fish around the grass there at River Bluff?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ranger View Post
    Yeah, we've got jackasses too at Eufaula!
    You didn't fish around the grass there at River Bluff?
    The grass right in front of River Bluff was in such shallow water that I didn't even give it a shot. Please don't tell me they were in that. I caught a limit out of that grass the first time I ever fished Eufaula.

8. Member
    It's possible. I've caught them this time of year dirt deep in that grass. How thick was it? Thin, not so much. Fairly thick, and it was money. Too much deep water around that hump. They can move 3' and be in 20'.

9. Member
    Water has fallen too much. Shad were spawning a couple of weeks ago and with the low water it has quickly stopped that. Took 12 pounds to win an ABA tournament Saturday. Even the brush pile fisherman have been struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropshotter View Post
    Water has fallen too much. Shad were spawning a couple of weeks ago and with the low water it has quickly stopped that. Took 12 pounds to win an ABA tournament Saturday. Even the brush pile fisherman have been struggling.
    It only took 11.00 pounds to win our tournament and more than half of the club didn't weigh a fish. Someone told me that the lake is about two weeks earlier than normal. We usually hit a good shad spawn this time of the year.

11. Member
    Its probably not entirely over. Once the water comes up again it should prolong it for another week. We probably had about 20 pounds in 10 minutes within a 50 yard stretch a couple weeks ago so the lake is fine just hard to catch fish when they drop the water so quickly. Will be down there again this weekend so hopefully I will have a report.

12. Member
    Yes....very tough. Several guys in our club went home after day 1 of our TX. I don't have any desire to go back.