Another Boat Wreck in SC

Just read that there was a boat wreck on Lake Murray SC last Friday night with two fatalities. From the newspaper article; a 32 ft Intrepid power boat ran over a bass boat killing both men in the bass boat. Investigation is currently going on to see if alcohol might have been involved. RIP to the fisherman and prayers to their families.

2. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Very sad

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley

4. Member

5. Banned
    Sad.

6. Member
    Prayers for all involved.

Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

10. Banned

I won't mention any names, but I ate, last summer, at a restaurant on lake Barkley. The owner has a multi-million dollar yacht as well. My friend told him I saw you heading up lake the other evening... he, the owner, PROUDLY stated that yes, that was before he got "sideways" (drunk) and made his way back in after dark. My buddy thought that was fantastic. I won't eat at his restaurant again. I won't hurt his bottom line any, some would say I am spitting in the wind... well it is my spit, and I have morals that guide my life. I will follow those morals. People who stick to their morals, some say have to make hard decisions. No they don't. The decisions are easy, your morals guide you. The consequences can be unpleasant, but that is OK, at least I can sleep at night!!!

Danny

11. Member
    What Danny just said and he is so right. Way to many boat crashes this year. Dang please slow down and be safe.

12. Member
    Agree with Danny. Prayers for the families of those that needlessly lost their lives.
    Praying for a Cure

13. Member
    Sad situation.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kybasser View Post

I won't mention any names, but I ate, last summer, at a restaurant on lake Barkley. The owner has a multi-million dollar yacht as well. My friend told him I saw you heading up lake the other evening... he, the owner, PROUDLY stated that yes, that was before he got "sideways" (drunk) and made his way back in after dark. My buddy thought that was fantastic. I won't eat at his restaurant again. I won't hurt his bottom line any, some would say I am spitting in the wind... well it is my spit, and I have morals that guide my life. I will follow those morals. People who stick to their morals, some say have to make hard decisions. No they don't. The decisions are easy, your morals guide you. The consequences can be unpleasant, but that is OK, at least I can sleep at night!!!

Danny
    I totally agree.

Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

17. Member

18. Member
    Hi Mike.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    According to the article is sounds like both boats were under power at the time of collision?

...the anglers decided to hit one more spot before they headed back to the ramp. That’s when the accident occurred.

...there is currently no word on whether either boat was using proper navigational lights at the time of the crash.

...officials are still working to determine if alcohol was a factor in the crash. According to Capt. Robert McCullough of the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, the driver of the power boat, Bruce Dyer, did pass a field sobriety test. He was taken to shore following the crash and officers conducted several tests. Toxicology results from Phillips, who was driving the bass boat, are expected in seven to 10 business days.