Thread: Percy priest

Percy priest

Myself, my dad, and a friend are camping at seven points on Percy priest. We're leaving Wednesday and staying for a week. I was wondering how the fishing had been? We went in October for the first time and fishing was pretty good. The campground told us the lake is up 7 feet and it's actually closing some of the sites on the water. How's that been affecting the fishing there? Thanks for all the help, Clayton.

2. Member
    Unless we get another 3 day, 6" rain event before you arrive Priest should be on fire with bass in all stages of spawn. Topwater action galore.

3. Member
    Awesome. Is the water really 7' up? We wacked em on buzz baits last time, so I was hoping to do that again. I just would have no idea how to fish it if it's that far over pool.

4. Member
    Saw reports of 6.5' this afternoon, however they also opened all gates on the dam today so by the time you get here the water will still probably be up, but not as much as it was yesterday and this morning. Should be able to catch some fish however you like to fish as long as you are fishing less than 20 FOW.

5. Member
    It's been up and down for fishing since we've been here. We've done pretty good on Shakey head, but that's about it. We can't seem to catch any on anything that moves, and no top water.

What's everyone's bait if choice for top water? I've throw a spook, bus bait, and popping bait with no results. For crank bait we've been throwing a white fat free shad and shad rap with little results. Haven't really got any on spinner bait and chatter bait.

The fishing was really good with the water way up, but has slowed as the water had come down. Thanks for all the help guys, Clayton.

6. Member
    Tournament I fished was won with a white and chartreuse spinnerbait, I got 3rd throwing a green pumpkin magic colored senko shallow. Mid-lake
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

7. Banned
    19LBS of Brownies won this past Saturday if that tells you anything