Helix 12 Breadcrumbs disappearing

Just had the Helix 12 out this past weekend for the first time. Went out Saturday and drove around the lake. Breadcrumbs were on the screen when I shut the unit down Saturday evening. Turned the unit on and the breadcrumbs were gone from the previous day. I had a 999Si on the dash before the Helix 12. Occasionally it too would lose the breadcrumbs.

Did I miss a setting that would retain the breadcrumbs on the screen from day to day?

2. Member
    I might be a little slow, but what are breadcrumbs?
    Ed Schuler
    Pro-Staff - Kentucky Pro Bass Warrior (www.kentuckyprobasswarrior.com)
    Special Shoutout to: Lew's and their American Hero Program, Rapala, Land Big Fish, Deka Batteries, Penetration Hooks, Bullet Weights, and Hoo-Rag for your support.

Equipment:
    2006 BassCat Pantera Classic
    2005 200HP Yamaha Vmax
    Motorguide Tour 109
    Humminbird Helix 12 Mega SI/DI G2N Console
    Helix 10 Chirp G2N Bow
    External GPS with directional heading
    Network Box

3. Member
    I believe he is referring to tracks. The default for tracks is light dashed line. You can edit both current and saved tracks to change color and type of line. You would need to save a track for it to continue to display on chart or it gets written over. Only so many data points are saved till end and then it begins writing over them at beginning. That continues whether it is same day or through the next even lake to lake. So, if you want to save a specific track, need to stop/clear at start and then save current track at end. Or, you may end up with a track that starts at one lake and ends at another...LOL BTW...resetting defaults will change the saved tracks back to faint dashes. Hope I got all that right...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Are you shutting the unit down with it's power button?
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Yes, and then cutting all power to the unit through a master switch.

Just make sure to shut the unit down with it's power button first so it closes things out clean ..... that's the only reason I know things can get lost .....the unit does a controlled shut down and some file housekeeping when shut down with the power button and that won't happen if the power is killed externally ......there could be other possibilities i'm not aware of.
    I guess there could also be an intermittent power problem .... which is a strong likelyhood if you are wired thru the master boat wiring.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N