No drill trolling rod holder mounts?

Any suggestions? Got a G3 Sportsman 17, pretty similar to Triton 17 and Ranger 178. Just want to add some rod holders for trolling in back and maybe spider rigging in front without punching holes in the boat. I have seen a mount before for bassboats that goes from cleat to cleat, just can't remember where
    Boatless again but looking forward to Spring

2. Member
    I bought these for my last boat and they worked well for what i was using them for. don't know about spider rigging but if you have a cleat that is compatible, i think it is a good option for those that need them occasionally. If you are going to be doing it a lot, i would possibly consider a more permanent mounting system. http://www.extremefishingconcepts.co...Combos_c23.htm

Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    That looks like one of the ones I remember from a boat show. I'll have to check the cleat setup on my boat
    Boatless again but looking forward to Spring

4. Member
    I know this is an old thread but.... I was wondering how those extreme fishing bases held up over time? And if you regret or would choose another option at this point? I am considering the 3/8 base and placing a driftmaster lil pro holder on one.

Check out Jimz Rod Mounts as another option. They mount between the existing cleat and boat.
    https://www.jimzrodmounts.com/shop

6. Member
    I'll follow along!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

A few years ago, I made a poor-man's version of the Extreme mount out of 2x6 lumber and an eye-bolt - opened up to hook onto the cleat. I use it with a removable rod holder.
    A piece of scrap carpet, and it's a no-mar, no-drill, easy to install and remove mount.

8. Member
    I like this! Doesn't seem to hard to make. After afew years of use, does the wood show signs of wear or loosening up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugly View Post
    I like this! Doesn't seem to hard to make. After afew years of use, does the wood show signs of wear or loosening up?
    No, still intact. I used old, solid, weathered boards to begin with, and soaked them with some grey paint I had to seal it.
    I only install it when needed, so it doesn't sit out in the elements either.

10. Member
    thanks for sharing these! bought 2 yesterday for crappie trolling. didn't want to drill any holes.
    Trent Canterbury
    Huntsville, AL

04 Stratos 195 PXL
    16 ETEC HO 200

11. Banned
    Love the gear track on my Polar Kraft. Comes in handy for several things. I even have my main console graph on it.

IMG_20190309_47170.jpg

IMG_20190309_39492.jpg