Thread: Push Pole?

Push Pole?

Looking to make a push pole for my TR21! Has anyone made one and if so out of what material? I would like one but can't justify 300 bucks for one! TIA
    2001 Triton TR21 w/ 2008 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member

USA

See my comment in TIPS section.

3. Member
    For the lakes we plan on fishing shallow I bought a Power-Pole Micro Anchor Spike part number 2043271. Works great for my aircraft carrier lol

I don't need one and if I did, it wouldn't fit in the Triton but I made and keep one in the bay boat mainly to push off the flats when I run too shallow. Like you, I refuse to pay $300 for a graphite push pole so I bought the parts at Lowe's and made my own. I keep it strapped down to the rail on the port side. If I remember right, it's a 14 ft - 1-1/2" pole with a PVC Tee on the end and then painted. I think I have a total of maybe $30 in it and it works great but if you plan to do a lot of poling, do yourself a favor and buy a lighter one.

04 Sea Pro SV2100cc w/ Suzuki DF150
    02 Scout 162 Sportfisher w/ Yamaha 60

5. Member
    I got mine from Bass Pro for 50 bucks. http://t.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-.../product/6087/. Works great

Since I wash my Peter built when Home in past before retiring lolo bought 1 of these from local Pilot Truck Stop. Still have and use a when wash the vehicle's and RV etc. eventually acquired 2 freebies, one with end broke off. Had a friend with a aluminum welder do a quick weld and made the 2 together . 1 pole shortened 5' expands to 10' . so both together reckon that's long enuff. Came in Handy when hang a lure . I taped the old style fish hook retriever on end. got a few $9.00 Lures Back, and 1 time got mine and 4 other's back in a tangled line mess "JACK POT" Just lay it along 1 side of Boat out of the way

7. Member
    I made on just long enough to fit in the rod locker. It basically fits all the way up in the front of the boat and you have to slide it to the corner of the locker for it to go in. I made it out of wood closet rod. I used a plastic pipe "T" and cut the bottom of it in half long way...this makes a cheap duck foot. The rod then fits right in the "T". Then I ran a bolt/nut thru the rod and T. Drilled a hole in the other end and ran a rope thru it for wrist strap. It works great. It is probably 7'-8' long
    Last edited by TNTriton; 04-26-2017 at 01:17 PM.