Just a Few Questions

I just sold my boat the other week and it's time to get another. Anyway, I found a 97 Gambler 21', with a 05 225 opti. He is unsure of hours and it does have a wrap on it so that is making me a little skeptical of what it looks like underneath. Having never been in a gambler what is it like? I do fish in college also so I will be traveling with it, so as far as the "biggest" water I've been on is Guntersville and it got pretty sporty the day before and the day of the tournament(sustained 20mph+ by 8:00am). My old boat (18' ProCraft 175hp) did ok but Im sure when you start getting rollers any boat will be a little rough. How does it fare in "big water" even though driver input has quite a bit to do with that at some point. Being about 6'2 the cockpit style seating does look a little tight, is that a real concern or does it just look like that. Thats about all I can think of, I have been reading through other post but I wanted to inquire with one of my own, so is there anything that I need to look for besides the general used boat "flags"? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Personally I wouldn't buy a boat thats wrapped. You have no idea whats under it.

I'm 6 '2" and I fit and feel fine behind the wheel. As for being wrapped can't tell you anything about that.

4. Member
    I would tell the individual your interested....but the wrap comes off first before a decision is made.
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

that would be a 209...
    need to check it out real good...
    they are actually great fishing boats...run well...fish well...bit water will be actually a nice ride...
    some of the later model 209's (1999 especially) had severe stress crack issues if abused...
    just pop the rear compartment lid and shine a really bright light around the KNEES of the Stringers at rear of boat...if you see any cracks i'd run...if it looks good...you got a good boat...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

6. Member
    I'm 6'7" and have a 97 209. I fit great in it. I've heard the same thing about the stress cracks. Great boat overall.