PLEASE HELP 07 20x2 set up help

Hello ALL, i was going to see if you could help me with a set up problem.

I am running a 2007 triton 20x2 with a 250 merc Pro Xs with a 25 P Tempest plus with 1 open hole and 2 big open hole plugs, on a 10 in jackplate. Im not sure on my prop to pad distance "sloped driveway ill try to pull it somewhere to measure it this week". And the motor is mounted to the jackplate on the center holes.

The boat has a good hole shot but only turns 5600 rpm's "takes a while to get there" and rides real flat without hardly and bow lift at 68 mph some what heavy loaded. So i jack the motor almost all the way up on the jackplate and the results where

Hole shot: Good
    RPM's: Still 5600
    Water PSI: 23 lbs
    and the boat still ran very flat with no lift and kind of feel off in the turns and lost a lot of speed "8 -10 mph"

I really dont know if i should change my prop or mount the motor to the jack plat higher. Also thought about trying to lower the motor just to see what it will do.

I brought this boat used and am not sure how it was set up before. Also the rooster tail is about even with to top of the motor not sure if that matters or not.

Just thought I would ask since i do not know a lot about boat set ups any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    You must figure out the prop to pad setting FIRST.....Then tell us what it is.

\

3. Member
    Savage i will get this measurement one day this week, ill have to take it some where since my whole yard and drive way are sloped thank you

4. Member
    Savage it is 4.25 in below pad

5. Member
    Raise it 3/4", then tell us the water pressure, RPM's, and GPS speed @ WOT.

6. Member
    Ok I will do that this Friday. I'm going to have to remount the motor to different holes on the motor mount to the jack plate. Because the jack plate is all the way up now

7. Member
    Are you sure it's 4 inches that is pretty low .the x2 seems to like it around 3-1/2 you should be able to see 73-74 under the right conditions. Have you checked the prop?

8. Member
    Yes sir I have the prop looks good. And yes I measured it today and got 4.25 in below pad, rechecked it and came up with the same thing. Also even when on pad the boat rides very flat it has no bow lift at all

9. Member
    No lift could be the prop.what speeds are you getting?

10. Member
    68 at 5600 rpm's running a 3 blade 25 pitch

11. Member
    raise to 4" and 26 temp blueprinted would do better on that rig

12. Member
    I'd check this too and make sure all annual maintenance has been done.. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=22490

13. Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions, i will look into all of them this week, going to try to find a different prop to borrow for someone local if i can to try that as well, dont know if ill have any luck finding one but i will try. I will report back friday hopefully with some good news. Thanks again for all the help guys.

14. Member
    Ok guys ended up moving the motor up another 1.5 inches, Now turning 6000 rpms still with good water pressure. Very heavy loaded running 72 on the gps, with a good hole shot, and the steering feels a lot better now, "was kind of far to turn before". Thanks for the helpfully ideas, Im happy with where it is at now.

15. Member
    At what is your bellow pad motor height now.

16. Member
    2 3/4

17. Member
    Ok. I have the same boat only with a 250, will have to raise mine up a little more and see how it goes

Does it seem to still run flat? I have 19x3 and it seems to run pretty flat as well. I can fly the bow and it goes slower. What is your WP at WOT now?

19. Member
    It has a little more lift than it did before. But yes it still rides pretty flat i was thinking of trying to run a 24 p or 23 p 4 blade to see if it would give it more lift. And i have 20 lbs of WP where im running now

20. Member
    Check your striker plates,you may not be getting all of your trim