Tn River fishermen get ready...

....to change tactics. TVA is going to hold the recent flooding rainwater in lakes such as Chick, Watts Bar & Loudon to prevent flooding downstream. Water levels will rise well above normal summer pool. It's going to be dangerous with everything floating around the rivers for awhile and require some different patterns...the backyard pattern will play a role

2. Member
    I was checking it on the TVA app, and it looks like Douglas will be at our full summer levels by Tuesday!!! Crazy amount of rain this week!
    Y'all be careful out there and don't catch'em all!

3. Member
    Sitting on the front porch at Arrowhead Resort and the water is half way up in the parking lot.
    tva website says 743.49 at 7:00 pm which is 2 feet above summer pool and still rising slowly.
    Now using the backyard and lawn chair pattern!!!
    Still catching fish.

4. Banned
    Half Baked... Did you bring any AC Shiners with Ya?... Dan

5. Member
    Lol!
    Y'all be careful out there and don't catch'em all!

6. Member
    He is half baked so I bet he has more than just shiners!!

7. Member
    We were planning to come down for Friday and Saturday to Chick. I know they are at flood stages. But, for someone that has never been there what does that mean? Planning to come down from Cincinnati area. What exactly does flooded mean for that place?

8. Member
    They will have it back down to summer level on Chick by tomorrow accoding to TVA website

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ggodwin View Post
    We were planning to come down for Friday and Saturday to Chick. I know they are at flood stages. But, for someone that has never been there what does that mean? Planning to come down from Cincinnati area. What exactly does flooded mean for that place?
    Then all you will have to deal with is 400 + high school boats out of Dayton..

Bill

10. Member
    Mike, was it 10-12 yrs ago....?? All the heavy rain we got, help me out. We had the Booster club tourney out of Rockwood. I remember pulling up in peoples yards. We tied to bird feeders, light poles, you name it. We caught fish out of their gardens and yards all day. I even caught one out of some dudes hammock they had set up. Haaa Haaaa It will either be great this weekend or it will be awful. All depends on TVA I guess.

11. Member
    Ky Lake is being drained at almost maximum dump... 180,000 - 195,000 cubic ft. per second!! so TVA/Corp must feel pretty good about capacity along the Ohio and Miss. So looks like they anticipate this to be a quick rise and fall. The dam measurements at Ky have not gotten much above normal full summer pool. Of course a bunch of rain north along the Mississippi basin could shut the gates down at any moment.

12. Banned
    TVA's got the Wilson spillways running full bore--quite a sight to see. They're saying Pickwick's going to crest at midnight and should then start to come down.

We're fortunate on Wilson Lake to only have water variations of about 3' at any time as this one dam puts out more electricity than all 30 something TVA dams combined. They hate opening the spillways as that's water that can go through the power house to make very low cost electricity.