Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finsh'n'freak View Post
    Anyone know what the lakes look like as far as water color? How will Guntersville look with all the current coming though?
    Chocolate milk.

2. Derek McCullough
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianOutlaw! View Post
    Sure wish we could get some of that water over here in Florida.....horrible drought going on
    Hope you guys get it soon! We were at camp mack three weeks ago and the water was the lowest I have ever seen!

Was out yesterday afternoon on the lower end of Guntersville, main river is in fact looking like chocolate milk. Browns Creek was stained but not really bad, probably 1 1/2 - 2 feet visibility.
    Phoenixed
    2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI

4. Member
    It's really ridiculous how much water is in Norris. It's 7ft above flood level, and it looks bigger than that. Last year, it appears the lake levels remained below average, but current levels are about 20ft higher than the same time a year ago
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Just got back from Chickamauga, for there Monday and the Hiawassee river/upper lake stayed nasty and trashy the whole time.massive current combined with the wind yesterday caused a new experience for me i didnt really want.... I speared a wave just below the route 60 bridge. Someone said a boat went through the turbines on Pickwick after capsizing.... any info on this? Fishing was a challenge on the upper end to say the least... I need a bigger boat

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner6901 View Post
    JSomeone said a boat went through the turbines on Pickwick after capsizing.... any info on this?
    Boat went over the spillway at Pickwick. I haven't see anything beyond this

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news...ent/100948046/
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner6901 View Post
    I need a bigger boat
    The chick gets mean enough with a strong south wind but add a heavy current and it gets down right nasty. I've gone out several times and never put the boat on plane because of the 4-5' rollers from the wind. I might of speared a wave or 2 as well.....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovesomebass View Post
    Any idea how this will affect Guntersville?
    Fished Guntersville yesterday and today. Lake came up about 9" over night and ramps are all ok but water is now over some docks and the river is rolling! It's up over the banks, muddy and 66 degrees. We fished Browns, Town Creek and Spring Creek yesterday and went up today out of BB Comer up to Mud Creek and Mason's Cove. Fishing sucked yesterday but today we killed them. Best five went around 25 pounds and we caught over 30 keepers. River is dangerous and lots of debris floating. Good luck!

They pulled the plug on KY overnight.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arjone01 View Post
    They pulled the plug on KY overnight.
    Damn...reading the TVA lake level page and with them discharging 122,xxx cubic feet per second that is >900,000 gallons per second
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123