Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    I haven't fished abt yet. Keep saying every year that I am going to. Maybe in 2018. Anyway I would certainly expect the abt to continue on with or without the luv gov. The abt has been a resounding success
    As bad as I have fished I have enjoyed myself...I am going to make it a point to try and meet more of these guys and get to know more of these folks though.... Never hurts to have a few friends or there... One of the reason for this thread... Thought maybe to go thru Bass Boat Central and use this as a starter... For the most part we all seem to get along here....
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Member
    I think the ABT will continue. Too much money involved. It is a good trail. This is my 2nd time fishing it and have enjoyed it. This year has been tough on us but that's fishing I guess. The 2018 schedule will come out on May 8th I believe is what Kay said. Great tournament trail.

3. Member
    I've watched several of y'alls weigh-ins since I've lived here. I hope it does continue. Seems to be a very well ran trail with a lot of respectable people that I've met on the water during their practice. I'd love to fish it, my rig just isn't up for it.
    Trent Hoover
    N.E. Florida bass guide
    www.creeklifefishing.com

I don't think it'll go away.... Too​ much money involved.... Think there are other states that are starting to see this as a good thing as well, Kay mentioned that.... I'll continue to fish from here on out... If I can find the right partner down south, I'd consider the southern trail as well...

Jonathan Hillstrand

5. Member
    This is my first year and i haven't had a good year but I have enjoyed it. I'm just now getting in to tournament fishing and will continue to fish the abt.

6. Member
    I fished the abt out of smith. We had just shy of 10lbs. For us we didn't put the bites that mattered in the boat. I loved smith lake. I bet we caught 30 to 50 fish every day. I made a tactical mistake and it cost us. Had wheeler not hurt us, we would be a little better in standings.

Quote Originally Posted by dgreenfishing View Post
    I fished the abt out of smith. We had just shy of 10lbs. For us we didn't put the bites that mattered in the boat. I loved smith lake. I bet we caught 30 to 50 fish every day. I made a tactical mistake and it cost us. Had wheeler not hurt us, we would be a little better in standings.
    I gave up on the standings after Mitch and Chandler brought 30 to the scales in that wave pool that was Wheeler in the first event.... That was my first ABT tournament and my first in this Skeeter....I gotta quit worrying about trying not to mess the boat up so I can fish... And I need my shoulder to quit acting up from the last couple of surgeries on it..... Just been a nightmare....

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    Wheeler hurt bad. This is our first year in the ABT as well. Pickwick was pretty good as we got a decent check with a bag of Smallmouth. It's not over as if you win one, you qualify. We are sitting on the bubble with 2 to go. Hope that shoulder gives you some relief.

9. Member
    Y'all gonna have to quit beating up on wheeler so bad , it's my favorite lake !

10. Member
    I like wheeler especially that time of the year, but during that tournament the wind just made it difficult for some. Unfortunately I was part of the bunch it was tough on.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman391 View Post
    Y'all gonna have to quit beating up on wheeler so bad , it's my favorite lake !
    You need some help if that's your favorite lake... c'mon man... In all seriousness, that time of year Wheeler can be good but with a West wind it can as bad as any lake in the country aide from the big ones up north...

Jonathan Hillstrand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12