Navionics SD card question

I just upgraded from my old 598c unit to a Helix 10 and realized that the Helix uses a micro SD card where as I have the regular size SD card in the 598. Is there a way to convert these cards or does anyone know if Navionics has any type of exchange program?

Quote Originally Posted by shutout31 View Post
    I just upgraded from my old 598c unit to a Helix 10 and realized that the Helix uses a micro SD card where as I have the regular size SD card in the 598. Is there a way to convert these cards or does anyone know if Navionics has any type of exchange program?
    The Helix 9, Helix 10, and Helix 12 models have SD card readers.

The Helix 5 and Helix 7 have microSD card readers.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Sorry, I meant to say I upgraded to a 7.... I have a 5 at the bow and 7 at the console...

In that case no to both questions.

You can use your cards to get a discount on the 16GB Navionics+ version that has all the maps for the US and Canada.

The product is Navionics Update, you activate the Update card with your card and it becomes Navionics+.
    Update is $99 and Navionics+ is $199.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    This thread is a bit old but----- Got new 2020 Xpress X19 with Helix 9g3n in console. Saved my old SD cards from old boat. Went to install Navionics + USA map chip and they are too big to fit. KRAP! (roughly 5/8 slot). I seen in earlier part of this thread in April of 2017 the Helix 9 would accept SD cards. Did something change that new units only accept micro SD cards? Is there a way to transfer the info to a microSD card? Or am I , in the long run, better off to ante up and get the latest version of (probably) the Navionics+ USA micro SD card???

Quote Originally Posted by roadkillIL View Post
    This thread is a bit old but----- Got new 2020 Xpress X19 with Helix 9g3n in console. Saved my old SD cards from old boat. Went to install Navionics + USA map chip and they are too big to fit. KRAP! (roughly 5/8 slot). I seen in earlier part of this thread in April of 2017 the Helix 9 would accept SD cards. Did something change that new units only accept micro SD cards? Is there a way to transfer the info to a microSD card? Or am I , in the long run, better off to ante up and get the latest version of (probably) the Navionics+ USA micro SD card???
    You cannot purchase software to copy Navionics mapping. You will need to purchase a map card. All of their cards have been microSD since 2010.

A third generation Helix 9 is different than the older generations.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Found a good price on Navionics+ US & Canada pre-loaded chart at Hodges Marine. There is a rebate offer from Navionics for trading in my old chart card so that will help a bit on the cost. So this is the route I am going with. Thanks for the reply, Wayne.
    Now if the boat dealer can get my Helix 10 (backorder), I should be good to go...