Thread: Trailer jack

Trailer jack

I just recently bought a 1990 pantera 2 with tandem trailer and the jack on it pretty well trashed. Just wondering what jack I should go with. I need one that rolls easily because I keep my boat in my garage and have to push it in at an angle to fit all the way in. I was looking at the Fulton f2.

The bigger diameter the wheel the easier it will roll. Those dually jacks roll well too.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    ok great! After doing a little research on them, it seems like replacement parts are available on most websites also so I won't have to deal with going through the factory which is a plus.

4. Member
    I just put a fulton f2 on my 96 p2 and it rolls awesome now i liked the original jack it was a little more low profile but would not track you had to kick the wheel the way you wanted it and it finally gave out. I wish I would have put the F2 on it along time ago

5. Member
    Trailer Valet expensive but well worth it

Fulton f2 is awesome, very little effort .

7. Member
    I bought a Fulton F2 for my Rt188. Unfortunately, the pivot point on my SUV is 14" and the F2 is about 16". On certain roads I couldn't get the jack to lock because my SUV is just too low. I changed it back to the original yesterday. If you're interested I'll sell you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydbee View Post
    I bought a Fulton F2 for my Rt188. Unfortunately, the pivot point on my SUV is 14" and the F2 is about 16". On certain roads I couldn't get the jack to lock because my SUV is just too low. I changed it back to the original yesterday. If you're interested I'll sell you mine.
    Do you need a higher hitch drawbar? Is your trailer sitting level when hooked up?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Do you need a higher hitch drawbar? Is your trailer sitting level when hooked up?
    Mine's level. 14.25" from the bottom of the hitch ball to the asphalt. Put a torpedo level on the trailer and it looks fine.

Ok then. Just seems strange to be too long but it is what it is right?

11. Member
    I use a Trailer Valet or a heavy duty dolly to maneuver the boat around in my driveway. The F2 turned out to be overkill in my situation.
    One of these days I'll recheck the level of the trailer when it's hitched to my SUV. Maybe over time it'll sag a little. At that point I'll get a higher hitch and install the F2 if I haven't sold it.

12. Member
    Well I need a new jack, I dont see the point in buying a new jack and trailer valet/dolly. I think I'll go with the f2. Thanks for the help guys.