Finally made a final decision...

After much debating and back and forth I finally made a final decision. Will be hopefully buy a boat towards the end of this year/early next year. The order below unless people can convince me otherwise will be the order I look for. With that being said. If I come across a great deal on say my second or third option I'm not going to pass if I haven't come across my first option.

1. ranger RT188 or maybe Triton x18 used. Would give a new RT188 or PT18 a hard look but I'm trying to keep the budget around $20k.
    2. Crestliner VT18
    3. Xpress x18 or x19 used
    4. Early 2000's Ranger glass boat
    Last edited by bassin_man; 04-23-2017 at 12:02 PM.

I'd sell you a boat for $20k Lol... Looks like you've narrowed it down to some great selections. I don't see how you could go wrong with any of those options.

3. Member
    Choose the one that will help you catch the most fish. Kinda like choosing women. Some may turn a lot of heads, but won't be the best fit for YOU.

Is that your Final Answer?

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Im somewhat in your shoes as well. I know it may not be ranger quality, but it would be hard for me not to buy the crestliner vt 18. I have drooled over this rig for a while, and it would be perfect for my needs!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    Im somewhat in your shoes as well. I know it may not be ranger quality, but it would be hard for me not to buy the crestliner vt 18. I have drooled over this rig for a while, and it would be perfect for my needs!
    The VT18 is a very close second. Especially when I can buy it during their specials brand new basically for the $20k. The Ranger has always been A boat I drooled over since it came out. With that being said up to this point I haven't yet seen the vt18 in person which could change my opinion?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    The VT18 is a very close second. Especially when I can buy it during their specials brand new basically for the $20k. The Ranger has always been A boat I drooled over since it came out. With that being said up to this point I haven't yet seen the vt18 in person which could change my opinion?
    When you say the vt18 can be had fo 20k, is that with a 115, 24v TM? I was looking at one yesterday and was down to 21250 on a 2016 leftover.

8. Member
    I was able to find a used RT188 with a 115 merc 4 stroke (39 hours), jackplate, hotfoot, 80 minn Kota, dual console and Garmin 7" and 5" graphs for under $15k with mercury platinum warranty so I have (I think) almost 5 years of warranty on the motor. I couldn't have asked for a better set up on a Ranger....keep your eyes open you can get a good deal for well under 20k if you are willing to go 1-2 years used.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysdad View Post
    When you say the vt18 can be had fo 20k, is that with a 115, 24v TM? I was looking at one yesterday and was down to 21250 on a 2016 leftover.
    Yes. But about the only time I see them at that price is around boat show season. I'm also not taking into consideration dealer prep/fees.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7 View Post
    I was able to find a used RT188 with a 115 merc 4 stroke (39 hours), jackplate, hotfoot, 80 minn Kota, dual console and Garmin 7" and 5" graphs for under $15k with mercury platinum warranty so I have (I think) almost 5 years of warranty on the motor. I couldn't have asked for a better set up on a Ranger....keep your eyes open you can get a good deal for well under 20k if you are willing to go 1-2 years used.

Sounds like you got a heck of a deal to me. I would jump on a deal like that anytime.

11. Member
    Incredible I need one like that. If you find another please pass info along

12. Member
    I actually found the boat on here.

Months away from.purchase you will get sidetracked before then.
    Took me a year to decide.
    1st between the Tracker 190 and txw 175
    2nd the RT 188
    Thought on it for months then decided on the 190. A month later I was dead set on the 175.
    Then I was positive I was going to buy the 188.
    Finally I decided on the Tracker 175, I left the house on Saturday morning heading the 2.5 hours to Nashville to buy the 175 then 20 miles later Im at my Ranger dealer signing the papers on a RT 178
    So are you sure thats what you are buying?
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    2nd the RT 188
    Thought on it for months then decided on the 190. A month later I was dead set on the 175.
    Finally I decided on the Tracker 175, I left the house on Saturday morning heading the 2.5 hours to Nashville to buy the 175 then 20 miles later Im at my Ranger dealer signing the papers on a RT 178
    LOL... yep, sounds like the normal process for buying a boat...
    Steve R
    2016 Ranger RT188
    - Merc 115 4S
    - MinnKota Fortrex 80
    - Lowrance Gen2 HDS Touch 9 (Bow & Console)

15. Member
    2nd the RT 188
    Love it!!

16. Member
    2nd the RT 188
    Pretty close to h process I went through...

17. Member
    2nd the RT 188

Thats how I was the last three months. So who knows?