Thread: 2004 zx225

2004 zx225

I have a 2004 skeeter zx225 with a 225 vmax hpdi mounted on a bobs hydraulic 12" jack plate and the engine is mounted in second hole down and the boat is a little slow out of the hole with two people full of fuel and tournament gear I'm running a 25 t1 and the boat was running 5700 rpm wot was 68.7 mph so I raised the motor to the third bolt hole and I'm running same rpm 66 mph but a little faster out of the hole and prop to pad is 3 1/2? How much higher do I need to go or put it back where it was at?

2. Member
    I may be missing something but why are you moving the engine on the JP with a hydro plate. You could accomplish the same thing by bumping up the plate. Some hulls have a better hole shot with the engine lower and vice versa. Just have to try different settings and see.

3. Member
    The deal is that I read everyone talking 2 1/2 -2 3/4 prop to pad on these boats and basically I'm trying to get it faster out of the hole and I have the same set up as most everyone else on this engine and not getting the top end speed like they say they are

4. Member
    You may be right I might have to lower it and put it at the top bolt hole and see if it helps out of the hole

5. Member
    Leave the motor where it's set now and get a measurement of the prop to pad height at the mid setting on your gauge. You should actually be higher than 3 1/2" when running WOT with the Skeeter. You have a hydraulic plate that moves up and down so you adjust height by moving the plate up and down not by moving the motor on the plate to a different hole.

6. Member
    I'll check it thanks but I do know that when I had it in the second hole I'd use no more than 1 1/2 to 2 on the bobs hydro and would be running 5900-6000 rpm so I didn't raise jack plate very much

7. Member
    People set the height by trying to get the motor prop to pad at 3 1/2" when you are at the middle number that way you can travel up and down half the distance the plate will move. With it set in the third hole down from the top and the plate all the way down what is your prop to pad measurement now and what is it all the way up?

8. Member
    Prop to pad third hole down is 3 3/8 jack plate half way up is 2" and all the way up is dead level with the pad

9. Member
    Are you sure you have the pad level, cav plate level and what ever your measuring from is level too? That's only 3 1/2" of movement and that plate should move 5" or 6" vertically. The skeg isn't hitting the ground all the way down is it?

10. Member
    Yes the concrete is level pad level and motor level and the jack plate does move 6" vertical and prop to pad all the way down is 3 3/8 then with the plate halfway up it measures 2" then all the way up middle of prop nut is dead level with bottom of pad and on the bobs hydro there is no other bolt pattern than the 4 that's in it

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macr45 View Post
    Yes the concrete is level pad level and motor level and the jack plate does move 6" vertical and prop to pad all the way down is 3 3/8 then with the plate halfway up it measures 2" then all the way up middle of prop nut is dead level with bottom of pad and on the bobs hydro there is no other bolt pattern than the 4 that's in it
    That is only showing 3-3/8" travel for the jackplate

12. Member
    I don't know what your reading but something isn't right. On that plate there is or was a tape on the drivers side that reads from 0-6" and if you are reading 3 3/8" down and 0" up it is not moving all the way up and down or your measuring from a different place each time. Is this how your measuring it? You measure to the shaft all the time not to the prop. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=62660