Best prop for Bass Cat Puma/Yamaha 250 SHO combination?

Need some recommendations for props/pitch, Mercury or Yamaha, for Bass Cat Puma/Yamaha 250 SHO combination.
    Thanks in advance...

2. Member
    I'm running a puma with 250 sho . It really depends on how you have it rigged . Mine is a three battery system with no poles . I have it set up to haul the mail . Sho have awesome hole shot no matter what . So I have mine set up for top end . I have two props I'm running the first one is a 27 trophy that was built by DAH . Great hole shot , great mid range lift and top end is 81 to 82 6050 Rpms my 2nd prop is a 27 tempest I just got it . I sent it off to be worked . The hole shot was great mid range lift was ok top end was at 78 . At 5950 Rpms . Tempest will be a better prop after I get it back to much top end slip plus I need another 100 R s . If you have poles and four batties this will not be your set up you will need to find a smaller pitch like a 26 fxp or 26 tempest I have heard of guys running furys with OK results . But I think there to small dia for a sho . Bass cats can haul ass if that is your need or you can just set it up how ever it fits your needs . If you fish small lakes your not going to need 80 . The best thing to do is try and find guys with props to try out before you buy one Finding new Yamaha props is very difficult I have found . This is my first Yamaha and I'm very impressed with the motor . I came out of owning Mercurys for 32 years .