Question Info needed 2008 TR20X HP

Hello Triton owners and followers.
    I'v found a used 2008 20X HP with a 225 Pro XS and am looking for info on the model, I don't have a lot of experience with Triton. I'm in a 2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL now and looking for a boat that will handle rough water better ( Lanier in the summer), provide more room and a little more speed with tournament load. For the experienced Triton owners, what can I expect out of this hull, how does it handle and how does it fish in 2 man tournaments. I will also add, due to garage length limit, 20ft is the biggest I can go, 21 ft boat is out.

Thanks and any help / info appreciated.
    J

2. Member
    IMO, the "X" boats were some of the best Tritons built. The 2008 20X's got a 250 HP rating. That one is not severely "under powered", but I would use that as a bargaining chip, if you're really interested in the boat. You should see lower 70's with a load. It's an excellent fishing platform, with plenty of storage, and will do well in rough water. It won't ride like a 35' Searay, however. Have the engine checked by a good Opti tech for potential problems and needed service. Best of luck!

3. Member
    If at all possible I would but a 21 foot,They have the retractable tongue and the diff.in storage and comfort is worth it. I had a TR-21 and now a 20x.The 20x is good but not as spacious as my 21.The compartment openings seem to be a little narrrower for putting in the tackle boxes.So things to look at good luck.

4. Member
    Hi Jay,
    I own a 2008 20x HP with a 250 pro xs. It is a great boat, lots of room behind the console for the bigger guys..Storage space it good. Big front deck...but it will take a little used to driving. At the higher speeds it will try to chine walk. It takes some seat time to learn how to drive it. Also set up is a factor... Tilt, jackplate etc. I have learned that model boat likes to have it's motor high in the water to get its top speed. I can run 75 ish with a full load. Any other info shoot me a message.

Steve

5. Member
    Thank you all for the information and help on the 20x HP. The boat is at a dealer, I'll go check it out in the next couple days and let you know if I move forward.

J

6. Member
    I had one with a 250 pro xs, would run 81 and it drove like it was on tracks, one of the best boats I ever had, really handles well in the rough stuff too.