Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I don't move my jackplate much. Maybe 3/4" up or down and mostly not at all. Don't even try to move it unless I'm in the water which I think helps.

But yes. Jackplate has moved to top of my list of wants. Second is merc monitor.

2. Member
    The merc monitor is a great tool. I use mine for max speed/rpm, gas usage, gal of gas left in tank, water temp, water pres, rpm, trim and other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    I don't move my jackplate much. Maybe 3/4" up or down and mostly not at all. Don't even try to move it unless I'm in the water which I think helps.

But yes. Jackplate has moved to top of my list of wants. Second is merc monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post

No doubt the water helps to (lube) the moving parts..
    The reasons I HAD so much trouble.
    First--- I haul lots of miles and found that if you did not trailer with the unit all the way up or down it would cause flat spots on the brass bushings.
    Second----West Texas dirt and road grime would get between the moving parts.
    Third -- I do use mine a lot when fishing on these big open wind blown lakes-- It's amazing how much you can improve the ride when needed.

4. Member
    I like the gauge set up. I really would like to find a bottom plate for my jack plate like that. So I would have a better place to mount LSS2.
    Steve come play where I play I will take all the up travel I can get.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Well, after spending 4 days in a row on the water, I have to say I have zero complaints about the new jackplate setup. All positives, the boat lifts better, drives and handles better, and will hopefully run better.

Starting to get it dialed back in, saw 97.5 on Sunday with the trim at neutral. I haven't seen any engine movement on the road or on the water. Cutting through barge rollers with the engine jacked up I see and feel zero flex.

Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    nice pics.....glad to hear the JP is doing its job!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Member
    That thing is a horse to push 97.5 at neutral trim

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    That thing is a horse to push 97.5 at neutral trim
    Swinging a 30 X-O/B loaded to fish on 1.62's
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

9. BBC SPONSOR
    I forgot to update but I measured my engine height yesterday and I am now at 7/8" above the pad with the 10" plate. According to the slip calculator I have gone from 8.xx % slip to 6.53% slip with the same prop and load. The prop must be in much cleaner water now.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

10. Member
    I felt immediate improvement in how my boat handled, accelerated and especially became more steady coming down from speed with additional setback. Now that you have yours setup and the fact that Darris is installing his XB-21's with 9 1/2 to 10 inches setback depending whether you use wedges or not, I believe more people will see the benefits.
    Good info on the slip numbers.

11. Member
    Hmmmmm..

12. Member
    What rpm was that, somewhere around 5900/6000 rpm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Swinging a 30 X-O/B loaded to fish on 1.62's

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    What rpm was that, somewhere around 5900/6000 rpm?
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    I felt immediate improvement in how my boat handled, accelerated and especially became more steady coming down from speed with additional setback. Now that you have yours setup and the fact that Darris is installing his XB-21's with 9 1/2 to 10 inches setback depending whether you use wedges or not, I believe more people will see the benefits.
    Good info on the slip numbers.
    I don't feel the wedges are needed. I think he installs them for training wheels more than anything. I saw no loss in holeshot by removing mine. I do feel that it does not bury the bow near as bad without them.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123