What thru hull ducer is recomended.

Finally got the boat back from being rigged. Not a huge fan of where tue dealer placed the ducer. Anyway i loose bottom at 20mph. Going to play around with this some more but wondering what thru hull ducer is available and other people use.

Thanks

2. Member
    I remember you looking at some GPSMAP units. You choices depend on what unit(s) you have. In short, if you have one of the 7400/7600 series you have 2 transducer ports and several options. Otherwise you'll probably be limited to a GT30 with a Y cable.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    I am using a GT8HW-IH with a Y adapter and a GT30-TM on my 93sv. The GT8HW-IH is chirp while a P72 is non chirp.
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

4. Member
    Way back when.... I was using Humminbird and Lowrance I was envious to use Airmar transducers. No more. I did a head to head comparison between the GT15 and Airmar TM150. The GT8 is a super transducer and its cheap. Don't let the price fool you. It's a number 1 transducer. The GT15 has more power though and its a different frequency range. Just take your pick.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Thanks guys. I have 1242 and the GT52 the way they mounted it I loose bottom at 20mph. They mounted it inside on the step which I wasn't too keen with. I was going to actually mount one of my cameras to see what it is going around the ducer today.

6. Member
    Made a change today. Tilted the ducer down a bit. Maybe 3/8 of an inch. I can now get bottom at 45mph. I am going to try and lower the mount a bit and level the ducer to see if that helps.