Epoxy resin 1; 1 ratio

Need a littler help . Cut my Trolling motor pan in today . Brought some 1:1 ratio 150 Thick Epoxy to coat the wood in my Stratos .
    Took the front cover off to check for wires and things . When Stratos cut the holes up front they didn't glass in the cuts .So the wood is rotten what was not cover in some spots ? Took a ice pick and the shop vac and dug to soild wood in the bad spot's .
    Can i just cut some stripes of wood and place in the bad spots and pour some resin on them ( seal them ) so of like the guy's . Like the guys do the transom of boats and pour (peanut Butter ) i think they call it ?
    There no spot that it will hold weight , just the front cover ?

Never used the 1;1 ratio .....but back around five years ...i had a soft spot around the floor drain and used the 2.1 ratio ....but it is diff . from this . I think this is for just covering as it is (Thicker ).....?

You can do what you described as long as the wood being repaired has no structural value. The 150 thick epoxy is generally only used as a coating epoxy, not for wetting out any glass mat or cloth to make structural repairs.
    You should be able to sister joint the wood and use the 150 as a glue to mate the pieces then coat the entire area with the epoxy. If it needs to be thickened even more use cabosil or some chopped fibers made from glass mat.

3. Member
    All seal up and waiting to install pan and front panel .