Front Deck Space

Is there any size difference in a Z18 and Z19 on the front deck. I know the Nitro website says that square footage is the same. And I tend to believe that. But I was at a Nitro dealer climbing around a 19 and I asked if the deck was the same as the 18. He was very adamant that the 19 is bigger. I even told him the Nitro website says they're the same. He stuck to his story. Can anyone clear this up for me?

2. Member
    I was at the Bassmaster Classic in Houston this year and spoke with Nitro staff and Nitro Pros and asked why the Z21 has a narrower beam than the Z20. All of them said it didn't. I told them in the Nitro catalog and the Nitro website the Z21 is listed as having a 95" beam and the Z20 is listed as a 96" beam. All of them were confused when I showed them in their own catalogs that they were handing out at the Classic and on the website (which I brought up with my phone) which supported my claim. I went out to the Lake Conroe where there was a Nitro test drive event and asked the Nitro test drive captains the same question and they didn't have a good answer either. I really, really like Nitro boats, but they put all of thier money into sponsoring super pro's rather than knowledgeable customer support staff. They don't seem to know anything about their own product. I have a custom Nitro Z21 on the way and I have had to let the Nitro dealer and Nitro customer service know what their own program is all about in order to get what I wan't. Very dissapointing so far, but I still love Nitro boats.

3. Member
    Wow.....that's crazy!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonbass12 View Post
    I was at the Bassmaster Classic in Houston this year and spoke with Nitro staff and Nitro Pros and asked why the Z21 has a narrower beam than the Z20. All of them said it didn't. I told them in the Nitro catalog and the Nitro website the Z21 is listed as having a 95" beam and the Z20 is listed as a 96" beam. All of them were confused when I showed them in their own catalogs that they were handing out at the Classic and on the website (which I brought up with my phone) which supported my claim. I went out to the Lake Conroe where there was a Nitro test drive event and asked the Nitro test drive captains the same question and they didn't have a good answer either. I really, really like Nitro boats, but they put all of thier money into sponsoring super pro's rather than knowledgeable customer support staff. They don't seem to know anything about their own product. I have a custom Nitro Z21 on the way and I have had to let the Nitro dealer and Nitro customer service know what their own program is all about in order to get what I wan't. Very dissapointing so far, but I still love Nitro boats.
    So what is the actual beams?

5. Member
    I just checked the website, and sure enough....Z20 says 96" beam and Z21 says 95" beam.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    So what is the actual beams?
    I won't know till I actually measure....

7. Member
    Is beam measured inside the gunwhale or outside?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fulltiltfishing View Post
    Is beam measured inside the gunwhale or outside?
    Normally it is rubrail to rubrail at the widest portion of the boat.

9. Member
    I'm thinking I need to head back to that dealership with a tape measure in hand.

10. Member
    Website says the 18 & 19 each have 34 sq ft on the front deck. Can any guys that have these models give us some measurements?