Looking for a hybrid boat for bass and bow fishing

I mainly bass fish but I also like to bow fish. I've looked at the Lowe archer 2070 and the tracker 20' sportsman. I also like the idea of the ranger 198p with rawhide. Who has some suggestions. Also does anyone have a Lowe or tracker archer rig? Or does anyone bowfish out of there rt??

2. Member
    I have never bowfished but I think that a 2072 from one of many manufacturers would be what you are looking for. Nice wide deck. Stable. Rugged. These would make a perfectly fine bass rig. I sometimes wish I had bought one of these. If I had I would fish for break and catfish a lot more than I do.

3. Banned
    Alumacraft Welded MV serie

4. Member
    Only concern I have with them is they look like a flat bottom Jon boat. I wonder if the ride is as good as a mod v.

Look at War Eagle, Polarcraft makes a mod-V Version of these sportsman series that are pretty good. But if you're wanting a top deck that you can disassemble down for bass fishing I think Lowe has a pretty good set up.

I've bow fished out of a Tracker 1860 with top deck befor. It was extremely stable. It still has I think a 7 or8* mod-V up front. So anyone of them in the 18-20' would be ideal. Maybe a little harder to get in some tight back coves. Then a 1754, but with a top deck bigger is better.
    Last edited by gatorglenn; 04-22-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

I've bow fished out of my 188 with the rawhide. It does pretty well. Worked awesome having the terrova. Just set it on cruise and I got the whole deck to get shots off.