Deck Insert Questions

So first of all, I'd love some feedback on what you guys think of my deck extension idea, but second, I want to paint this thing and looking for recommendations to match the fiberglass thats on the boat(ive never done anything like that, so I may just be crazy). I'm gonna post this in the restoration section too, but though some of the cobra owners might have some input. Any help is appreciated. I got my hands on the hatch cover on the other hatch that is the same exact size, so it made fitting it pretty straight forward. Welding still to come!

Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Stratos 200 Pro XL

Looks great! For me, personally, I'd use etching primer and paint with with duplicolor Bedliner spray and then carpet the front piece that was exposed with marching carpet to the lids. It'd look good and stock.

3. Member
    i would lean towards just putting carpet on them to match the lids.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

4. Member
    Looks good. I want to do something similar to this, but add a lip around the opening so water doesn't just pour in when it rains.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    i would lean towards just putting carpet on them to match the lids.
    Same here ... nice work, by the way

6. Member
    Slick ride

7. Member
    Is it a 201?

8. Member
    I hope to see more pics when finished.
    1993 204 200 Merc

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoshag View Post
    Looks good. I want to do something similar to this, but add a lip around the opening so water doesn't just pour in when it rains.

I am using the basscat compartment trim around the edges to start, but we'll se how that goes. worst case, I'm with you, I'll get some aluminum flat bar and weld around the lip like skeeter does.
    2006 Stratos 200 Pro XL

10. Member
    it is a 201D. Just found out the build got more complicated with stringers and the floor. I'm pretty shocked there was not a stitch of glass on the underside of the floor....
    2006 Stratos 200 Pro XL

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtbasspro View Post
    it is a 201D. Just found out the build got more complicated with stringers and the floor. I'm pretty shocked there was not a stitch of glass on the underside of the floor....
    What?!? .... I never would've guessed.. was it at least epoxy sealed? Hope it doesn't get too bad for you.

You should make a couple of those and send one my way.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8upirish View Post
    You should make a couple of those and send one my way.
    Once I get the bugs worked out of this one I'd be glad to. The biggest problem I see is getting a compartment lid or fabricating the thing without it getting to pricey.
    2006 Stratos 200 Pro XL

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtbasspro View Post
    Once I get the bugs worked out of this one I'd be glad to. The biggest problem I see is getting a compartment lid or fabricating the thing without it getting to pricey.
    I'd be interested! Depending on the overall length of it, I may be able to drop it into a 188d and have the end of the step be close to matching up with the end of the consoles.