Lower unit fitment

Will lower unit off a 92 intruder 175 work on a 93 intruder 150 I have both complete engines but 175 is blown and today wrecked the 150 lower unit so wondering if I can switch the two the 175 has 24 pitch prop 150 has 26 pitch help

The masters will be by soon, but I would say they should swap ok...
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

3. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    They will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisfarmer View Post
    Will lower unit off a 92 intruder 175 work on a 93 intruder 150 I have both complete engines but 175 is blown and today wrecked the 150 lower unit so wondering if I can switch the two the 175 has 24 pitch prop 150 has 26 pitch help
    Interesting that you will come on the Evinrude forum looking for assistance all the while sh*tting on the G2 in another thread...And the reason you don't like the G2 is because a guy who never ran one left Evinrude.

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Interesting that you will come on the Evinrude forum looking for assistance all the while sh*tting on the G2 in another thread...And the reason you don't like the G2 is because a guy who never ran one left Evinrude.
    BUSTED!!!

6. Member
    He did run one at the classic that blew up and then went back to Yamaha so get ur facts straight first

7. Member
    Day one of classic it blew up two days later boats were re rigged with Yamaha after years with Yamaha he should of stayed with Yamaha so funny how u want to call me out on something but you are the one that's wrong not me

Well, we can still call you out for being an ass*ole for coming on here bashing Evinrude and then asking for help in the next breath...Not wrong on that one.

9. Member
    Two completely different issues old evinrudes where good new ones are not isn't very hard to understand that

10. Member
    If they were such good engines how many elites are running G2

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    to answer your lower unit question yes it will bolt right up.

To answer your other reply. Tharp could break an anvil. If you are on the Randall Tharp band wagon that is fine. Mercury didn't want him back The BRP Tournament support technician when above and beyond when he broke down on Guntersville and got him back on the water in less than 30 minutes. The issue that took out his lower unit was caused by a rigging issue that caused the failure. He did not blow up a G2 he had a motor shut down on him on Okeechobee event as did several other competitors due to a faulty fuel solenoid issue. He did not blow a G2 at the classic he had an intermittent fault that could be cleared via his on board display and once again was corrected by the Tournament support tech.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    to answer your lower unit question yes it will bolt right up.

To answer your other reply. Tharp could break an anvil. If you are on the Randall Tharp band wagon that is fine. Mercury didn't want him back The BRP Tournament support technician when above and beyond when he broke down on Guntersville and got him back on the water in less than 30 minutes. The issue that took out his lower unit was caused by a rigging issue that caused the failure. He did not blow up a G2 he had a motor shut down on him on Okeechobee event as did several other competitors due to a faulty fuel solenoid issue. He did not blow a G2 at the classic he had an intermittent fault that could be cleared via his on board display and once again was corrected by the Tournament support tech.
    I was having a hard time finding where he blew a g2 up

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    he never has.

As the technician that had the privilege of working with Randall while he worked for Evinrude and I still call him a friend, I can, and will set you straight, Randall never lost a G2 power head or gear case while he ran G2. Randall's decision to go to work for Yamaha, is as always, with the Elite anglers a business decision.

And your other statement about how many Elite anglers run G2, the answer is four, there were five but Davy Hite retired to do on the water comentation for Bass from his G2 powered Phenoix .

15. Member
    4 out of what 110 sounds like a great engine nomatter what if it was so amazing and great why are there not more running them at all

16. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    As a long time member here and a good friend of this forum Ghost Comanche says " "Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisfarmer View Post
    4 out of what 110 sounds like a great engine nomatter what if it was so amazing and great why are there not more running them at all
    Mercury is a flagship sponsor of BASS. They have been for a long time, too.

I gotta hand it to you - you sure do know how to make an impression....and not the right kind.

I would suggest you trade that motor in and get one where you don't have to stink up our forum.

18. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar