So.....Things kinda got real for me real quick when it came to the actual costs of buying a new boat. I was even looking at a 16 or 17 foot tracker! lol

Well I found a 2001 Tracker 175XT for $7850. It looks good in pics and in person. I havent tested it on the water since im 2 hours away from boatable water.

Im a total noob and this is my first boat. Im not the most mechanically inclined.....but i can do simple things if explained well enough (I change my brakes, do tuneups and my oil changes but thats about it, and bigger things go to the mechanic). I know the older the motor the bigger the problems.....its my understanding parts become hard to come by for old engines on top of the knowledge needed to work on the older motor...so Im wondering, how old is too old of a motor/boat for a first timer?

Im definitely budget conscious....and if its $7850 no issues beyond routine maintenance Im all good with...but if its the same price....loaded with potential problems and costs, that end up being somewhat amplified due to the age.....thatd ruin me and id prolly give up on boats and stick to my kayak! Do you all think a 2001 Tracker and motor is a huge potential problem? Or is that a good buy for the price?