Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BASS weekend series at kerr - - - big bass mixup

ok, what do you think??? now I didn't t have a big bass so I am just an observer, but heres what happened.

about half way tru the weigh in the eventual winner weighs in a 7 lber and takes over big bass. congratulations for him.

thereafter, the tour director ask each angler as they weigh if they have anything close to 7. everyone says no.

when weighin is over he announced thst guy with 7 wasnt in big bass pot and that a 3.8 wins big fish that was weighed early.

I know at least a half dozen people that had bass over 5, just no where clos to 7 that didnt weigh them seperately. .

when tour director was quistioned on this after the event his repy was you should have weighed your big bass anyway since he doesnt know who is in the pot or not.( had he simply said I made a mistake I am sorry wont happen again, I would have been ok with it)

so now I guess we have to weight every big bass we catch just in case a 3 lber wins again, lol

That sounds real messy....I think back in the Tarheel Team days they ask you for your biggest fish and weighed it for each team.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

It couldn't have been many that didn't get in big fish pot my guess is just the one. He should have known beforehand. Or he could have just told everyone he didn't know what big fish was then it on them.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    ok, what do you think??? now I didn't t have a big bass so I am just an observer, but heres what happened.

about half way tru the weigh in the eventual winner weighs in a 7 lber and takes over big bass. congratulations for him.

thereafter, the tour director ask each angler as they weigh if they have anything close to 7. everyone says no.

when weighin is over he announced thst guy with 7 wasnt in big bass pot and that a 3.8 wins big fish that was weighed early.

I know at least a half dozen people that had bass over 5, just no where clos to 7 that didnt weigh them seperately. .

when tour director was quistioned on this after the event his repy was you should have weighed your big bass anyway since he doesnt know who is in the pot or not.( had he simply said I made a mistake I am sorry wont happen again, I would have been ok with it)

so now I guess we have to weight every big bass we catch just in case a 3 lber wins again, lol

5. Fishing is a Passion
    Lesson learned. Everyone should get a refund on there big fish entry.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

6. Banned
    I always pay extra for the big bass, you never know when you might catch the big one. Compared to the entry fee it's usally nickels on the dollar to enter.

7. Banned
    Agree with crank68--weigh the biggest one in the bag!

8. Member
    That's a screw up!
    Agree with Crank68

Sucks to be that director, I know his points of contact are going to get blown up. In my opinion big bass should be included in the entry fee... it cant be more than $5 or $10 dollars per entry, not even at the tour level. If that is going to break you, you dont need to be gambling or tournaments.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

That is why BIG fish pot being optional is just DUMB!!!
    and any idiot who doesn't get in it when he signs up to fish and it is optional is just DUMBER!
    big mess up on TD part... sorry for the guys who may have been screwed!
    Being a TD myself,I do know crap happens, but there is always a chance to make it right as best as possible... throwing it back on the anglers fault isn't it!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

11. Member
    everyone entry fee should include big fish pot as well, its hardly ever over $10 anyway, that makes it way more simple, and this would have never had happened.
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

12. Member
    Big fish from each bag should be weighed anyway for tie breakers. Always!

Quote Originally Posted by GRN HED KILR View Post
    Bingo!

14. Member
    Marty, the guy who won and had the 7, thought he paid for big fish....he paid for all the tournaments at the same time, lady never mentioned additional charge for big fish....BIG screw up on ABA....

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRN HED KILR View Post
    yup, always weigh big fish regardless

Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    Marty, the guy who won and had the 7, thought he paid for big fish....he paid for all the tournaments at the same time, lady never mentioned additional charge for big fish....BIG screw up on ABA....
    dang that sucks !!!
    sounds like a costly mistake on both ends...

i know the guy who came in 2nd, and he posted his facebook pic with his 2 biggest bass ..one was a 4lbr the other was a 6!...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Man that stinks - Dumb Arsh move IMO! Simple question to ask...

Guess EVERYONE in BF should get $Back. They should have list...
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

18. Banned
    So what did it take to win?
    Also I didn't fish it but here is my thoughts. That is a big mistake on the ABA's part. I can see where the T-director would have made the mistake since big bass isn't included in the entry fee but once he said the 7 pounder was leading he changed the outcome of the rest of the anglers to weigh in. Most guys that fish ABA consider it to be like the BFL's and biggest fish in your bag doesn't break tie breakers at least in the BFL's I'm not sure in the ABA though. With that being said I wouldn't have weighed my biggest fish once I heard the T-director say a 7 pounder was leading either.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    So what did it take to win?
    Also I didn't fish it but here is my thoughts. That is a big mistake on the ABA's part. I can see where the T-director would have made the mistake since big bass isn't included in the entry fee but once he said the 7 pounder was leading he changed the outcome of the rest of the anglers to weigh in. Most guys that fish ABA consider it to be like the BFL's and biggest fish in your bag doesn't break tie breakers at least in the BFL's I'm not sure in the ABA though. With that being said I wouldn't have weighed my biggest fish once I heard the T-director say a 7 pounder was leading either.
    Winning weight was 19.71 I believe......

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Original TrickWorm View Post
    Winning weight was 19.71 I believe......
    That was strong! Glad I didn't fish it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast