Way to go John Cox

John Cox just won the BASS central open on Chick out of a tin boat. He fishes out of a Crestliner pt20 with a 200 merc.

2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

3. Member
    he has been on roll last 3 years. It wouldn't matter what kind of boat he has it is all about instinct and fishing. But it does show everyone you don't need a 21 foot 80k rig to win and compete. That is for sure. Also have Hamilton out there this year in a xpress 21!! His 20 foot tin rig John fishes is a good deck and has lots of room for sure.

2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Congrats and well deserved. Cox is a heck of an angler!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

6. Member
    Yep, it's not about the boat, it's about the fisherman... but if you're fishing is not so good, an $80K hydro-blaster can be a lot of fun getting from one place to another!
    Steve R
    2016 Ranger RT188
    - Merc 115 4S
    - MinnKota Fortrex 80
    - Lowrance Gen2 HDS Touch 9 (Bow & Console)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaNative View Post
    Yep, it's not about the boat, it's about the fisherman... but if you're fishing is not so good, an $80K hydro-blaster can be a lot of fun getting from one place to another!
    I used to have a buddy that always said "I dont catch them that well, but I look good not doing it.

9. Member
    Glad to see him win, but i don't see why everyone is so happy it is a tin boat. I mean it's a 20 foot boat and it has a 200 HP on it....that being said it might as well be a glass boat. Now if he was fishing out of a 18 foot boat with a 115 HP with a 24 volt up front i would say that he was getting it done in a tin boat. I hope i didn't pizz anyone off by saying what's on my mind but that's just the way i see it. But i do hope it's not his last win and he keeps the momentum up. I do have to say though i was really pulling for Shaw because it's been awhile for him and he's not getting any younger. He and i have that in common. LOL