Will Shimano Warrant it?

I have a black Shimano Cumara that was part of the lifetime warranty policy when I bought it. It broke on my making a cast last night.

I know their policy has changed. I could not find the original receipt.

Is there anything I can do?

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

2. Member
    They will warranty it i do believe and give you a comparable rod
    They aint got hands, set the hook

3. Member
    last I had know about them, they stopped there "Lifetime warranty" around 2014, unless they realized all the flack they got from that & have re-established it.

I know the new one (Gen-2) only carry 1 yr.

4. Member
    They sent me a zodias rod

5. Member
    I had a cork handle black crucial break after they stopped the "lifetime warranty" and they replaced it with no questions asked with a comparable rod which was a the new green crucials. I sent in a 6'6" Med and since they dont make that rod anymore they replaced it with a 6'8" Med. From what I understand if you have an older rod they will still honor the "lifetime warranty" on the older rods. My replacement rod they sent had the one yr warranty they offer now. But i figure there will be someone say they dont honor it if Shimano finds their product not at fault for the break. But they did replace the one for me.

6. Member
    If they deem it manufacturer defect, they will warranty the rod with a Zodias as stated above.

Go onlne, print out their Warranty Claim form, mail it with the broken rod and they'll replace it.

I've got one that broke also. Haven't sent it in yet. I already miss it. It was one of my favorite rods

9. Member
    Wonder why they replace a Cumara with a Zodias and not an Expride. The Zodias is about the same price as the Crucials were and vice versa. Doesn't seem fair to me to replace an original $250+ rod with a less than $200 rod....