Need help with the flushing process please

2008 pro xs 250 When I use the water hose at the top of the mid section I'm getting great flow out of the tell tale but when I use the muffs at the lower unit I get nothing. I have already cleaned the strainer for the compressor. I dropped the lower as pulled the water pump it looked to be fine. Can someone help me as to where the restriction of flow May be? Thanks in advance guys.
    Last edited by slickfish; 04-21-2017 at 10:33 PM.

2. Member
    If you have the low water pickups on the nose cone you may try blocking those off if you are using regular muffs.

3. Member
    It does not have the low water pick up. I'm still confused as to why I'm getting water out the tale tell one way but not the other.

4. Member
    Does it take a donation to the site to get more than one response for a first time poster? Sorry guys frustrations are kicking in.

Weekends can be real slow on here starting about noon on Friday especially this time of year.
    I'm no expert when it comes to the hose connection.. My first thought- the hose pressure when connected is more direct to the tatle tail.. thus a good stream.. While the muffs only supply water to the water pump and sometimes don't do a very good job of that.
    Are you sure there is a restriction ?? you say the pump (looks) ok ?? Also when you pulled the pump did you get that drive shaft seal on top of the housing adjusted correctly ??
    Had one that I could not get a good stream with muffs -- was fine when submerged in water.
    Any way good luck maybe someone will show up with more info..

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Weekends can be real slow on here starting about noon on Friday especially this time of year.
    I'm no expert when it comes to the hose connection.. My first thought- the hose pressure when connected is more direct to the tatle tail.. thus a good stream.. While the muffs only supply water to the water pump and sometimes don't do a very good job of that.
    Are you sure there is a restriction ?? you say the pump (looks) ok ?? Also when you pulled the pump did you get that drive shaft seal on top of the housing adjusted correctly ??
    Had one that I could not get a good stream with muffs -- was fine when submerged in water.
    Slow on a weekend is no lie! I wonder how businesses operate with all the slackers on here during the week.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Slow on a weekend is no lie! I wonder how businesses operate with all the slackers on here during the week.
    Haha...multitasking! Its like watching tv and drinking. I'm getting pretty good at it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Got it done. Never would've thought I didn't have enough hose pressure. Drug her down to the ramp and dunked her to find out that she flows with no restrictions but the clogged injectors is another story. Let me see if I can find a solution to that issue. Thanks for the help guys.

Glad that parts working !!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slickfish View Post
    Does it take a donation to the site to get more than one response for a first time poster? Sorry guys frustrations are kicking in.
    Some of us like to go on weekend fishing trips too, and stay "disconnected" from electronics, but connected to nature!