Do I have any Options?

Ok, so I've been using my 73SV echo at console and 7 Stryker dv at bow. Everything's going great, BUT I can't stand not having the ability to read depth at running speed. I've had lowrance and hummingbird and both gave me options for an epoxied transducer for regular sonar. Does Garmin have an option I'm not aware of to add a Y connector and 2nd transducer for console unit. I guess I can always buy a cheaper 3-5" and mount as 3rd unit, but don't really want to do that.

2. Member
    Last edited by Rick Collis; 04-21-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

3. Member
    I don't understand how some people are having such trouble with on plane depth readings. My 93sv reads fine.
    2013 Pro Team 190
    2013 Mercury 115 Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota 70# Edge
    22p LightSpeed Prop
    Humminbird 898 at console
    Humminbird 598 at bow

4. Member
    I don't want to have to mount my transducer like it's 1985 to get a reading on plane and I don't want any screw holes in my transom. If you are the last one to the dance, you should at minimum not under dress because you know what everybody is wearing. Garmin did so much right, how could they miss something so popular and desired by users. At this point, it'll be cheaper and easier to install another small unit to use just for sonar while on plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy O. View Post
    I don't understand how some people are having such trouble with on plane depth readings. My 93sv reads fine.
    Its all about boat hull design, not the unit or transducer.

6. Member
    Ditto MonteSS's comments. I mounted one transducer without any planning or special care and it read just fine. I had an LSS1 that I got to read at WOT, later moved it a little and now I adjust, adjust, adjust and can't get it back like it was.

Pretty sure there is only one combo xd that works with a Y cable for in hull---GT30. Maybe one day they will redesign the other combo transducers to allow the 2d to be split out on all of them. But today.. GT30 or not.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Well here's my option I finished today. Picked up a lowrance 3x for $79. Probably cheaper than any Y connector and extra transducer anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images