conroe experience

did anyone get to test drive the jaguar vs the other cats at the classic to give evaluation of the rough water characteristics .it looked rough at the classic wondering if jaguar was head and shoulders above the cougar or puma in handling. looking hard at jaguar now lynx throws wrench in that decision

2. Member
    A boat like the Jag, which can easily land a bell long ranger helicopter on the front deck, is going to handle rough water exceptionally well compared to smaller boats that will fit inside the hull. :)
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

It rode very well and it was pretty rough when my son and I went out in it. I own a 2017 Eyra, test drove a Puma and Eyra on Conroe before buying my Eyra back in December. I fish Conroe weekly so know how my Eyra rides on that lake. The Jag is an incredible boat and if money wasn't an issue I'd probably own one. I'd love to own a Jag and my Eyra, that would be the perfect combo. The 350 Verado on the Jag was nice, I was impressed and it was unbelievably quiet.

I love my Eyra but the Jag is in another league, it's the ultimate boat in my opinion.

4. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Best big water boat bar none. The Phoenix PHX is right there too. Hear good things about them both.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

5. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I got to ride and drive a Jag with a 400R Verado on it a couple of years ago at the public demo ride after the dealers meeting. It was a beast! I easily drove it up to 70mph, no chine at all. The guy who took me out in the boat had it running a tick above 83mph. It wasn't very rough that day, but we crossed several boat wakes, the big boat didn't even shudder. If I could afford it, I would own a Jag. Luckily for my pocket book, I am very happy with my Caracal. I have had two CougarFTD's in the past, they are great in rough water as well, but they pale in comparison to the Jag.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

6. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Billius buys a new boat every year, so i am sure a Jag will be in the future. Maybe 3 years after another 4 boat purchases
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

7. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt93 View Post
    Billius buys a new boat every year, so i am sure a Jag will be in the future. Maybe 3 years after another 4 boat purchases
    Actually Steve, believe it or not, the Caracal I have now is going to have to be my last boat. (I know, that's the 4th time I've said that). Although I must say, I was happy to see that the Lynx didn't have anything that would make be regret buying the Caracal.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Actually Steve, believe it or not, the Caracal I have now is going to have to be my last boat. (I know, that's the 4th time I've said that).
    Sounds familiar. I'm 65 and in my third "last" boat
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S