H18 Recessed Foot Tray

I am looking at installing a Comfortroll Foot Tray in my 2011 H18. I am curious if anyone else has done this and had any issues?? I would have to cut through the main support of the front deck. I have a buddy with a h17 and had no problems but the front deck is laid out a little different. Thanks for any input. I hate to do this and ruin the deck but would love to have a recessed tray.
    2016 Skeeter ZX 190 Yamaha 175 SHO Lowrance electronics

Best thing I ever did to my X19. I had to cut through some supports but mine is still as solid as it was before the tray was installed.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

3. Member
    I did two years ago. I had to cut right through the center of the "t" support. The floor sagged to the center about 2" after I cut it, I just about cried. When I put the tray in I added a few extra screws that went through the supports that ran out to the sides of the boat. I also added a carriage bolt at the bottom (closest to rear of the boat) that ran through the main support. Even after all that there was a slight flex in the floor. I deflated a small kids basketball and wedged it between the bottom of the tray and the bottom of the boat and inflated it a little. Now the deck is rock solid like it was before. The whole process was very nerve wracking, but I'm still really glad I did it. My legs and lower back don't hurt anymore after a weekend on the water
    2008 XPRESS H18
    2017 MERC 150 4S

4. Member
    Installed one in my Triton VT17. Had to cut through the center support, but front deck is still solid. Makes fishing all day much better on the back and legs.

5. Member
    I am not seeing anyway to avoid cutting through the T Support either. I hate to have to add support just to have the tray. I wish there was a way around not cutting that support.
    2016 Skeeter ZX 190 Yamaha 175 SHO Lowrance electronics

6. Member
    I have put the tray in each of the three Xpress's that I have owned and several more in friends boats, put some long screws through the tray where the
    crossmember is and the deck is just as solid as before cutting, in a couple of installs, I think it has less bounce.

7. Member
    I was in your shoes. I debated it for a month or two before I pulled the trigger. There's no way around cutting through the main brace. If I had to do it again I would for sure. Definitely a big improvement.
    2008 XPRESS H18
    2017 MERC 150 4S