Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    So...I couldn't get any of the sandblast companies to do my trailer in our area, either to busy or to expensive so I went to Tractor Supply and bout a cheap sandblaster and media. What a pain in the arse. I did it behind my shop knowing it would be a mess and it was. Went through 250 pounds of media and still didn't turn out that great but I threw in the towel. Painted it wit the Tractor Supply oil base implement paint. We have used this at my old business on alot of trailers and it is bullet proof so should hold up well for this application.

When I took the trailer apart I noticed it had been jackknifed way before I bought it, frame is kinda bent behind the tongue area. It tows straight so shouldn't be a problem but knowing this I decided not to put to much time in making it look perfect. Just make sure its safe.

Rebuilt the suspension with brass bushing, not nylon, new bolts, nuts, shackles and equalizers. Have new brakes, surge coupler and all new lights to install. Then work on the fenders and the bunks. Alot more work then expected. Ready to go fishing soon!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Ll new wiring and LED lights.

3. Member
    Getting close

4. Member
    OK, all done with the trailer for the most part. Everything is nice and tight. The fenders aren't going to fall off now and everything works! Time to get back on the boat.

5. Member
    Looks great. Nice work!

6. Member
    Trailer turned out pretty decent

7. Member
    I was able to remove the "behind the fenderwell funk" off the side of the hull without the wetsanding part. Just used the Pro Tec Nu Paint and Polish / sealer. Worked pretty good. Ready to sit her down. I think this will be it for a while. The boat needs new carpet and either seats recovered or new seats which it looks like is the cheaper way out. As I have stated with the sandblasting, Northern Virginia prices are high on everything, I can replace the seats from one of the online guys at about half the price, just wont be "Original". Thanks for all the comments and advice. I will share more when I continue.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12