West Boggs Report

If you have a kid or want to catch a ton of bass go to WB. Took my Dad crappie fishing there yesterday and got tired of catching bass. Never thought I'd say that. It would be a great place to take a youngster and get them hooked.

I was thinking about taking my son there. What was your go to bait?
    At least we had 1987....

3. Member
    Any size?

We were crappie fishing with minnows, roadrunner and jigs. They ate everything we threw. Biggest was 14.5" the rest were 12_13". Fun on an ultralight.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L.Roberts View Post
    What was your go to bait?
    it doesn't matter , you could throw a Cheeto or a cat turd in there and they will inhale it as soon as it hits the water ,,,, its crazy , you can catch 50 bass in a couple hours… unfortunately 49 of them are 12" long …. good times for a kid or woman though ….

6. Member
    can you go thru the big drain pipe and is fishing better on that side,i have never fished it, i seen a picture of the lake looks like nice lake,i plan on fishing 15-20 different lakes this year

Yes Jim, you can go through. The one one right is for going through and the one on the far end is for coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    can you go thru the big drain pipe and is fishing better on that side,i have never fished it, i seen a picture of the lake looks like nice lake,i plan on fishing 15-20 different lakes this year
    On this side there is a cove on the right that has a days worth of stump fishing.

9. Member
    thanks guys i did not know there was a in and out,john how you been doing with them new knees
    Last edited by buster502; 04-25-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Knees are doing great Jim, thanks for asking but you know me, fighting some old back issues but it seems to be getting better. Growin' old ain't for sissies. I'm really hoping in the next few years Boggs gets back to it's Glory Days.