Motor height on a 195vf with a 10" jack plate

Need help on what height I need to set my motor.
    I have a 1992 195vf with a 10" jack plate.
    Motor is a 200hp pro xs with a 26 pitch trophy prop.

2. Banned
    Start at 3-1/2" below pad and come up 1/4" at a time till you lose speed or water pressure then drop it back down to the previous setting. Once you get the motor height set send the prop to Mark's performance props with your numbers and let Mark fine tune your prop.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I'll add to this get a tempest,trophy on a charger has never been a good prop.I would start with 26 and see which way it needs to.tuned.

4. Member
    I have a 25p tempest prop 3 blade but I gained 3 mph with the trophy 4 blade 26p. But my motor sits really low in the water and that's what I was wondering about the height it should be at. When I'm idling and have the motor trimmed all the way down for take off. The pee hole is under water. Is that ok???? I measured from the bottom of the pad to he center of the cone on motor and it was set at 4 1/2 inches. I raised it to 3 inches and I'm going to test it this weekend and go from there. It runs 66.2 mph with the 4 blade trophy and only 63.7 with the 3 blade. With the motor set 4 1/2 inches

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Sounds like every other tempest needs a trip to Croxton's.Yes 23/4-3 below is a good spot .The trophy will handle better but tempest will usually be faster.With that combo you should see 70-74,if your rpms are in the 5800 range you may be able to turn a 27 tempest worked by croxton .
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 04-20-2017 at 01:33 PM.