Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Juggy, dinner was fantastic! Got to go back to the store today before the sale goes off. $6.49 a pound for bone in rib eyes, T-bones or porterhouse. Meat case had all hand cut to 1-1 1/4" thick. Nice to have a Food Saver![/QUOTE]

Rib eyes are my favorite, I'm smoking ribs today, beef for the wife and pork for me.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Great minds think alike. I'm smoking some St. Louis style ribs today.

3. Member
    Ok my manual and cdi website says my resistance between the brown/yellow and brown stator wires going to PP should be between 900-1100 ohms. My old stators port and starboard side are both within spec(well ones slightly under) and on my new stator the port side is within spec (the side that has spark). My starboard side has about 100x more resistance that I'm suppose to be getting. I'm hoping I found my problem. Getting ready to pull this flywheel again and swap these stators. Hopefully it doesn't take me 2 days to get it off this time

4. Member
    Any idea why this happened? This is the side that was giving me problems. Manufacturer error?
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It appears to be that way.

6. Member
    Annnd I'm back to spark on all 6. Hope boats.net has a good return policy! Thanks a lot for the help guys.

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Old stator good then?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Old stator good then?
    I never knew for sure that it was bad, just that it had definitely melted a fair bit. The rectifier was bad and I didn't know if when it went bad it damaged the stator as well. Once I figured out I had to take the flywheel off I just decided to replace the stator to be safe and since the initial thought of taking the flywheel spooked me a little I didn't want to have to do it again. After going through the process though it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. (Well ok the first time popping it off sucked but the second time it came off smooth as butter. )

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    OK. Did you mark the flywheel for #1 and verify TDC on #1? Can you get it to run long enough to check each plugs firing on the flywheel with a timing light?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    OK. Did you mark the flywheel for #1 and verify TDC on #1? Can you get it to run long enough to check each plugs firing on the flywheel with a timing light?
    I honestly know nothing about timing. I didn't think I needed to mark anything since I thought the flywheel key would make it so it everything went back in the same way it was before. And it would run all day right now, had it on muffs for a bit today and it didn't have any hesitations. I will say the spark on the starboard side definitely seemed weaker than the port side. Is what you're saying fairly easy to do?

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The key may have broke, but to be safe find TDC on #1 and make sure it lines up with the flywheel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123