Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    Those look like my numbers and I have a 2008 5.4. Something is wrong with the truck or your math skills.
    ^^^^The same for my 08 5.4L crew cab, 3:73 rear^^^^^

Bill
    Last edited by Aries 181; 04-20-2017 at 05:38 AM.

2. Member
    Is this a new aluminum body truck? Something must be wrong with fuel programming or something? That is the first time I've ever heard of that poor of fuel mileage.

3. idbefishing
    Nobody noticed the OP lives in high altitude area and towing boat at 80mph?

The Eco can be great on gas when they aren't being pushed. Once you get into the boost though a turbo will start dumping fuel into it to match the air. I'm assuming at higher altitudes, you are going to be in to the boost more. Where a N/A vehicle will just loose a lot of power at high altitudes, a turbo can compensate for it by running the boost. That's why the ECO does so well on the IKE challenge on Fast Lane Truck reviews. The cost of that is the gas mileage. Seems like people who baby their trucks can get good gas mileage out of them. The people who run them hard get really bad.

5. Member
    We took my friends 2015 Eco boost to the Ozarks this past weekend and averaged 13 mpg towing a 19' fish and ski. I was running between 75-78 mph average, and I was nothing but impressed with the eco boost. I have a 2014 Silverado that is using 2 quarts of oil between changes, and the Tahoe squads we run are using the same. I will buy an eco boost this fall and be glad to get rid of the Silverado. The power of the eco boost towing was smooth and seemed endless.

Get a prius.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

7. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Guess I'm turned different. I didn't but my truck for fuel mileage. I bought it to pull my boat and camper. It serves a purpose and getting Prius fuel mileage isn't one of them.

8. Member
    My ecoboost gets the same mileages as OP stated. I have a 2011 CCLB 4x4 with the 3.73 gears and towing my boat I average anywhere between 9-12.5 mpg depending on speed and traffic. Unloaded on the highway I'm only getting about 14.5 mpg and that's on stock tires. I used to run 35's and actually was getting about the same mpg's and then put it back to stock because I thought I was going to trade it in, but haven't yet. I don't drive it to work anymore because my commute is too far and the fuel mileage was killing me when doing 80 on the highway. I pretty much only drive it when towing my boat and on the weekends just driving back and forth to my buddy's house. All in all it's averaging about 13.5 mpg which down right sucks. I've had all the recalls and TSB's performed but it hasn't mande any difference. I can't wait to finally trade mine in on a diesel 3/4 ton. I miss my old diesel.

9. Member
    I have a 2014 3.5 Supercrew 4X4 with max tow (3:73 gears). I lost a couple of MPG when I changed to load range E BFG AT tires. I'm now getting:

19-20 highway
    16-17 combined city/highway
    15-16 highway towing a bass tracker
    9 mpg towing 9,000# camper at 55-60 (I did hit 6 MPG towing into 25 MPH headwind once)

I'd be PO'd if I was getting 13 highway

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chsapeak View Post
    I bought an EcoBoost and got the same mileage as you are getting. Brought it back to the dealer a few times and they finally blamed the poor mileage on my bug deflector.. can You believe it??? I traded that POS in with less than 10K miles on it.
    Wow, bug deflector huh? The crap some dealers can come up with.

11. Banned
    I got the017 Supercrew 5.0 a few days before Christmas. I've had to flll up the tank several times since then.

12. Member
    I've got a friend, the company he works for has a fleet of like 200 eco's. Nothing like you're talking about. My 14 model 5.0 is better than that. I get 12 to 13 towing, 16.5 avg., 19 to 20 hwy. My wife has a 17 Expedition with the Eco, haven't had a highway trip, but she's averaging 17 to 18, mostly town with a little hwy getting to and from home.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    The Eco can be great on gas when they aren't being pushed. Once you get into the boost though a turbo will start dumping fuel into it to match the air. I'm assuming at higher altitudes, you are going to be in to the boost more. Where a N/A vehicle will just loose a lot of power at high altitudes, a turbo can compensate for it by running the boost. That's why the ECO does so well on the IKE challenge on Fast Lane Truck reviews. The cost of that is the gas mileage. Seems like people who baby their trucks can get good gas mileage out of them. The people who run them hard get really bad.

BINGO.......Boost=power=bad fuel milage.................the eco part of the "ecoboost" is driving gently and NOT getting into the boost/power......at altitude the Ecoboost really out-powers the other brands but the fuel milage suffers because of it.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguyone View Post
    I wonder how much the six to seven thousand feet of elevation plays a factor as well.
    High elevation will play a part in lower fuel mileage, so will the 80 mph highway speeds you have out there.

2016 F150 , 5.0 , 2wd , 3.31 gears , crewcab.
    18.7 city , 21.5 hwy , in florida with no hills to speak of.

(that's my Father's truck , I still drive a silverado)
    Last edited by JohnD.; 04-20-2017 at 11:08 AM.

16. Banned
    Very light foot, stay out of boost. It's the only way you'll get decent mileage from an Ecoboost.

This isn't just for Ecoboost's, any turbo'd gas vehicle will act the same way. Less boost, less fuel, better economy.

Wow...lots of disparity in reported fuel mileage.

Just as a reference...my '14 Silverado crew with 5.3 engine, 7.5" lift, 4.10 gears, and 35x12.5x20 tires averages 14 mpg including towing. Can see 17 on the highway if I keep my foot out of it.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

18. Member
    Something is wrong! Or you have a really big foot! I would buy one today if I could take the hit on my pocket book. great trucks and I don't really like Ford products that much.

19. Member
    I got a 2017 3.5 ecoboost 3.55 axle and get nearly 23 mpg back and forth to work. 17.5 in the city. 13 towing bassboat. Something is wrong with yours.

20. Member
    So from what Im reading here, the low mileage 2014 that Ive been looking at .............maybe I should just walk away?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast