Thread: Best boat shoe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    x2 on the Chacos. I have two pair of the Zclouds--very light, supportive and comfortable. Chacos are more secure on your feet than Crocs or a flop.

2. Member
    received_10202825380152128.jpg

Best and most comfortable shoes out there!! Not too hard on the pockets.. inbox me for additional discount code..
    2003 Nitro 901 CDX w/2021 Mercury ProXS 4 Stroke, 6" Slide Master Jackplate, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades, 22P Fury prop, Minnkota Ultrex 112

3. Member

I'll bump what others have said about running or cross training shoes. Go to a reputable store and get properly fitted for a shoe that will support your body . I personally go barefoot, but that isn't for everyone, nor do I have the issues that are bothering you. I do wear cross trainers when I wear shoes fishing though. Best of luck.

I have no words for that picture above

6. Member
    Crocs are the most comfortable for me fishing during warm weather, but if you need a real shoe you can't go wrong with any shoe made by Columbia.

I bought a pair of Olukai Nohea shoes. They are very comfortable and breathable. They have some of the most comfortable flip flops as well.

8. Member
    The best pair of shoes are the ones the good Lord gave you.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonpride40 View Post
    I'll bump what others have said about running or cross training shoes. Go to a reputable store and get properly fitted for a shoe that will support your body . I personally go barefoot, but that isn't for everyone, nor do I have the issues that are bothering you. I do wear cross trainers when I wear shoes fishing though. Best of luck.
    There is no doubt in my mind that high quality running shoes or other comfort-designed walking shoes are your best bet. For me, it is not really about support as it is cushioning.

I used to never give much thought to what I wore when fishing. I would wear lightweight hiking boots in the spring and fall and Keen sandals in the summer. One time on a trip, I got my hiking boots wet so I was forced to wear my running shoes. The difference was very noticeable. My Asic running shoes have so much cushioning and my legs and feet feel great at the end of the fishing day. I also experimented with my Keen sandals in the summer and the Asics were much more comfortable there as well. I see all these pros wearing flip flops in hot weather tournaments and I know there are more comfortable options out there.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCaseyB206 View Post
    That just aint right.

11. Member
    try some house slippers

12. Banned
    Brooks Dyad 9

13. Member
    Anybody else have these issues with Zekos?... I bought a pair a few years back.

One issue I had was sand and gravel working its way into the shoe through the drain holes in the bottom, and getting trapped there under the mesh, between the mesh and the inside of the sole. I couldn't wear them in any situation where I was walking in loose soil, sand, gravel, etc, without having to take them off and dig crud out of the shoe.

The second issue I had was odor. I've never had any issues with foot odor. But from the first time I got the Zekos wet, they began reeking. I tried everything I could to get the stink out, but eventually my wife threw them away.

It bummed me out, a) because I wanted a good solution for water shoes, and b) because I bought them with the intention of trying them out, and buying a franchise to sell them if I liked them. Ended up a big fat "No" on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    I don't think crocks provide any support and running shoes can be marginal. When I asked one of my dealers staff about deck padding he suggested I get Keen Newports instead. These have been the real deal for someone who has back problems and has had both knees cleaned out. I will say that after 2 years they don't have the same support any more but for $100 I now have new pair and the old make nice beater shoes.

They cover most of my feet from sun and I get them wet when needed. One of the best tips I've ever received.
    KEEN NEWPORTS.....The best fishing shoe/sandal I have ever fished in. If it is cold weather, I wear hiking shoes. If it is warm weather the Keens are hard to beat in my book.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

15. Member
    Panama if our boats would have got close down in Florida you would have seen I had on Keen H20. I normally wear those or the Vasque GTX Gortex. Good shoes make a big difference as one gets a little older. Wish I had taken better care in my 20's and 30's.

16. Member
    Keene for warm weather fishing

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain Roberts View Post
    Anybody else have these issues with Zekos?... I bought a pair a few years back.

One issue I had was sand and gravel working its way into the shoe through the drain holes in the bottom, and getting trapped there under the mesh, between the mesh and the inside of the sole. I couldn't wear them in any situation where I was walking in loose soil, sand, gravel, etc, without having to take them off and dig crud out of the shoe.

The second issue I had was odor. I've never had any issues with foot odor. But from the first time I got the Zekos wet, they began reeking. I tried everything I could to get the stink out, but eventually my wife threw them away.

It bummed me out, a) because I wanted a good solution for water shoes, and b) because I bought them with the intention of trying them out, and buying a franchise to sell them if I liked them. Ended up a big fat "No" on both counts.
    Yes, I bought a pair. Couldn't stand them.

18. Member
    I love my Crocs as boat shoes, hell everyday shoes for that matter. Bright fluorescent orange one too, real attention grabbers...

19. Member
    I have been wearing these crocs that have material on top not the solid plastic look all over and they are great,I wear em half the time and the other half I wear my keens both great choices. I like Columbia shoes also but had the Oder problems when they got wet so had to get rid of them. All you have to do is try a pair of Zekos on to realize that's a NO GO !

20. Member
    I rarely stand when fishing....they put seats on the boat for a reason.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast