Thread: Best boat shoe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Check out Propet.

For bad knees and arches, I'd suggest a solid shoe with a solid platform. Hiking boot 3-5" height. And a good pair of arch supports. Gortex will keep your feet cool in the summer and dry in the rain. Non-slip soles are almost standard issue with all boot these days, as well.
    "SEE YOU AT THE TOP"

3. Member
    I wear a pair of Shimano fishing shoes.

4. Member
    I do best with my Asics runners with my orthotics in. Problem is in the hot summer I get lazy and like to just slip my sandals on.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Gray
    Soft Science has a great water shoe and great support for standing all day. Lots of colors and styles.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    I like crocs they may be ugly but I find them comfortable

Another vote for Crocs
    I'd agree with you , but then we would both be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Soft Science.
    I had never heard of those. They look pretty good. I plan on buying a pair.

Thanks for the tip.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    I second the Simms atoll. Not what you would think for a flip flop. Very supportive to me. Hate to hear that about the current shoe I was considering trying since I liked the atoll's so much. Glad I got a second pair before you can't find them anymore.
    thats exactly why i tried th currents, i thought as amazing as the atoll flip is, the shoe must be even better especially considering what they get for the currents. the current still had a decent arch, just not anywhere the comfort of the atoll flip. (my feets opinion only but wore them all day in the boat to be sure)

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Soft Science.
    +1

I usually wear crocs or tennis shoes. I've started looking into the soft science for future purchase.

11. Member
    I have a bad knee as well and prefer Sperry's. They're still light, these are waterproof, and have great support. And you can wear them everywhere!

http://www.dillards.com/p/sperry-top...%26orderBy%3D1

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    SoftScience
    Those shoes look comfortable, I just ordered a pair of size 11 at Gear Coop for only $62.98 (normally $89.99) thanks for the advice Ron.
    Last edited by RngrBill; 04-20-2017 at 05:04 PM.

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

I have bad feet and bad knees or should I say bad knee, just had full knee replacement on one. But I can tell you Hoka one (Constant 2) are the best shoes on the planet. Pricey but worth every penny

14. BBC SPONSOR
    another vote for Hoka......they are the deal if your looking for a running type shoe

A good pair of running shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Crocs simply don't provide the support that a good running or training shoe can. I am on my feet all day and the Hoka One One brand has saved my life...well, at least my knees and legs.
    You need to be selective with running shoes. Some have very heel high lasts that are not good for prolonged standing.

17. Member
    I don't think crocks provide any support and running shoes can be marginal. When I asked one of my dealers staff about deck padding he suggested I get Keen Newports instead. These have been the real deal for someone who has back problems and has had both knees cleaned out. I will say that after 2 years they don't have the same support any more but for $100 I now have new pair and the old make nice beater shoes.

They cover most of my feet from sun and I get them wet when needed. One of the best tips I've ever received.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

If running shoes are good enough to help your back and legs with the rigor of running I'm betting they are more than good enough to fish in.

All I can say about Crocs is.... orthopedic doctors love them.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

20. Member
    Chaco sandals have tons of support. I either wear them or one of their water-friendly shoes. Think the shoes are called "Outcross" model or something like that. Firm, not squishy, and give solid footing. Settled on them after years of buying all kinds of types and brands of athletic shoes/hikers/etc. Altras worked well for me for a while, but were a little too squishy for me to wear more than a day. They and the chacos don't have any heel rise. Chacos are molded thick on the edges of the heel, but it is cupped deep so they are pretty close to flat in terms of height. I'm fairly certain that the heel rise was causing at least some of my issues. Chacos are the only ones that don't cause me back pain after 2-3 days straight fishing and my ankles stopped swelling up also. I'm about 280 and they really hold up well.
    Last edited by bigkahuna71; 04-20-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast