Detweiler jack plate!

I have a 8inch offset Detweiler hydraulic jack plate that is a major pain to grease the two fittings does anyone have a suggestion!

2. Member
    What's the issue? Can't get your grease gun on the zerks?
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

3. Member
    My bobs has to be all the way down to grease good. When it's up it won't really take any

4. Member
    I've had Detweilers jack plates for almost 20 years . In those 20 some years the only problem I had was getting to the grease Zerts . what happens is the cylinders rotate around It stop in places you can't get a gun in and grease them . So what I did was monitor the position of the Zert . Sometimes in came around to the opening or I could access from inside the jack plate with the motor tilted all the way up . One other time it stopped rotating in place and never moved again . So I drilled and used a bottom end tap and installed another grease zert . They definitely need to be greased .

5. Member
    Good luck in trying to rotate those cylinders back by muscle . I could never figure that one out . Tried a lot of different thing . My mechinac said the only way was to remove the engine and jack plate and dissemble it . That's a lot of $ for a one dollar grease zert .