Options for trolling motor connection?

The three prong round plug (only 2 wires used) and panel mounted socket for my 24v trolling motor system works fine for me now, but I need to change it for more space. Is there an inline type plug (male and female) that could be used for this?

2. Member
    Trac.com the best connection I have used.Marinco is the same as Minn Kota and both are a pain in the butt! I took them off and tossed em in the trashTrac connectors are very easy to install and you don't have to worry about pulling the wires off the damned little screws, that will strip out after about three times of twisting and turning to unplug your TM.look them up.I think you will like them, they are a snap
    Last edited by Crestliner16; 04-28-2017 at 11:53 PM. Reason: skipped a word

3. Member
    Battery Tender ftw. Love mine!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner16 View Post
    Trac.com the best connection I have used.Marinco is the same as Minn Kota and both are a pain in the butt! I took them off and tossed em in the trashTrac connectors are very easy to install and you don't have to worry about pulling the wires off the damned little screws, that will strip out after about three times of twisting and turning to unplug your TM.look them up.I think you will like them, they are a snap
    Now, after running my Marinco plugs without any trouble for 7 years, I find out they're crap. You could have kept that secret, now I'm getting worried.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner16 View Post
    I agree, the design of both, they seem to be the same, could be a lot better. I re wired my boat and a friends last summer with them and was not impressed. I ended up using lots of lock tight on the back ring to keep the receptacle solid, if that loosens again I'm going to crazy glue the damn thing.. It's pretty much mandatory to use dielectric grease on the male ends, and not just once. A light sanding of the inside corner of the hooked prong will also help. That will greatly reduce the friction when unplugging the TM, stop the receptacle from spinning.

If not for unplugging the XI5 while charging, I would have just hard wired.

6. Member
    Battery Tender
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Oh Yes, ---- Battery Tender --- Great Product ---- Great technical people --- easy to talk to .... Battery Tender !!!

8. Member
    Battery tender is the best but it is not compact. I recommend a set of anderson power poles if you need something compact.

9. Member
    Transom,

Thanks for the compact installation info regarding Anderson Power Poles; I didn't know about them.

I now have them marked for the future.

Thanks,

New One